Opinions on visiting in 2016?

Started by SophieMiddleton, October 07, 2015, 09:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieMiddleton

Hello all  :D

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of a Winter 2016 trip and we are very aware of all the refurbishments and improvements going on the entire year, just wondering if people think it will still be worth a visit? We've never visited at Christmas and we're worried there are going to be next to no rides open, and we can't justify pushing it back a year as we want to save for a Disney World trip in 2018! Any opinions will be appreciated, thank you  :D

DisneyGagaChick

I booked my 21st birthday visit today for February 2016 and when we go a few attractions will be closed- I know BTM, Star Tours & Peter Pan's flight will be closed, alongside the boat by BTM.

It's Disney though, so there are loads of attractions & things to do!

This link here will inform you of which attractions are closed & when: http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

Hope this helps!

Zee79

Only you can really decide this. We are booked for summer 2016, we not really bothered about the closures because we just want to go to Disney. We were going to go at Christmas because the main rides we would want to go on will be reopening but we've decided against this only because we want to go for longer in 2017 so need the extra money.

SophieMiddleton

Thank you! While on topic, does anyone know if you can still meet Belle in her village dress during Christmas  :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Belle appears very rarely in her blue dress.
That is not seasonal bounded.
You have to be really lucky yo see her in that dress.
To even see her at all really, since she's hardly ever out.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Lisaa

I heard she was out in her blue dress this August by the wishing well.. Hope she will continue to make appearances

rebecca20

I honestly don't think it matters unless you have an ultimate favourite ride you must go on. I would imagine it could be a bit cheaper - all I know is that for Castle Club due to the refurbs you can get a park view room for no extra cost - thats me sold for March 2016.

Plus at Christmas the decorations are so pretty it adds more to the atmosphere - I would be a bit reluctant to go Summer 2016 after the non-event of Frozen Summer Fun this year. Plus val d'europe is good for xmas prezzies along with a nice little Sephora pour moi!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Lisaa on October 08, 2015, 07:22:59 PM
I heard she was out in her blue dress this August by the wishing well.. Hope she will continue to make appearances

She made 1 appearance the last week of August.
That was her 2nd appearance in her blue dress this year.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Lisaa

Quote from: DLRPWonders on October 08, 2015, 08:51:44 PM
Quote from: Lisaa on October 08, 2015, 07:22:59 PM

She made 1 appearance the last week of August.
That was her 2nd appearance in her blue dress this year.

Hmm such a shame!

Mitchell

Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017