did i make a mistake?

Started by disneybound, October 07, 2015, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneybound

Hi! I booked our first trip ever to Disneyland January 5th-8th. I thought I made a good choice on these dates. But Ive now read that alot of people from Spain come on the 6th. With the 6th being a wednesday and the next day a school day, how busy will it actually be?? I wanted to calmer time to go. Did I make a mistake by booking these days? THanks all for the answers!

never2old

If it's any consolation, the Spanish are always going to DLP, school holidays or not... I asked a friend who's a teacher and she explained that although some parents to ask permission to take their children out during the school term, they don't actually require to do so, and they don't have fines or anything like that if they go away during their term.

And if they are supposed to go back to school on the Thursday, you can be sure that many will prefer to stay a bit longer and make the most of the trip!

Having said that, don't worry too much about it. If you want to have a quieter time and still enjoy the Christmas decorations, your only choice is November, during the week. Otherwise, your dates are the second best option :)

We were there in September this year, when everyone was supposed to be back in school (except Luxembourg) and it felt like half of Spain was there. Maybe because we're Spanish ourselves we noticed them more, but honestly, I think I also saw 2 non Spanish families. And still, we had very reasonable queues in most rides and got lots done. With a bit of planning, and fastpasses, you can really enjoy it all  :D