[Rumor] New show coming to the Chaparral Theatre.

Started by mickey1980, September 01, 2015, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneysteph

Oh I've frozen mad girls but they love Rapunzal as well (and I prefer it!)   ;)

polar vixen

Any ideas as to when this will run from and too?  If it's only the spring season and I'm going to have to do some crazy saving!

lovindisney87

Gosh I hope they do a soft opening of this beforehand as we are there last week of January. We were there 2 days before the 20th anniversary stuff but managed to see the parade and the train with characters. My girls would be so excited 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

MissyM

Much as I do think this new show sounds wonderful, I'm just a bit concerned that it will mean Rapunzel won't be doing her Spring Meet and Greets....?

DisneyGagaChick

I think they should do small Broadway-like versions of The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast etc.

Tarzan was a good show!

SophieMiddleton

I would love for this to span out longer than they currently have planned! I'm planning a trip in November 2016 and I would love to see this, I have nothing against Frozen but I think this is a great opportunity to get some lesser appreciated characters such as Pocahontas into the park  :D Can't wait to see how this all starts to come together and hopefully we get some more news soon!

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on October 07, 2015, 11:34:43 PM
I think they should do small Broadway-like versions of The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast etc.

There was one when I went in 2007 but they've got rid of it now. It would be great if they bring it back sometime though.

mickeyspal

They used to do half hour shows all the time at Videopolis.
I've seen "The Hunchback of Notre Damn, Mulan, The Lion King, and lots where they did compilations of a few films. We used to be spoilt for choice between all the theatres. Prior to the Lion King at Videopolis there was a different show there each year, I think they ran the Lion King show for too many years. I also enjoyed having two shows at the Chaparral,
Tarzan in summer & Mickey's Winter Wonderland during winter.
I look forward to seeing the shows coming back to the park, fingers crossed that this will happen.
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

rebecca20

The short shows in Videopolis used to be amazing!!! I remember seeing Mulan and Lion King when I was little and it was my favourite thing to do.  The Mickey's Winter Wonderland show is still a point of contention in our house as I refused to be the 'chosen child' and go on stage.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

nathalie

I wonder if this means that if it is for during the Swing into Spring festival also, the festival will last untill May, so we kind of have dates approx for the festival, hehe.

polar vixen

I really hope they exyrnd this,  e usually go in September but I don't think I could resist a tangled show!

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: mickeyspal on October 10, 2015, 09:49:54 AM
They used to do half hour shows all the time at Videopolis.
I've seen "The Hunchback of Notre Damn, Mulan, The Lion King, and lots where they did compilations of a few films. We used to be spoilt for choice between all the theatres. Prior to the Lion King at Videopolis there was a different show there each year, I think they ran the Lion King show for too many years. I also enjoyed having two shows at the Chaparral,
Tarzan in summer & Mickey's Winter Wonderland during winter.
I look forward to seeing the shows coming back to the park, fingers crossed that this will happen.
I would be happy if there was just one show like the Lion King one but ideally I'd like three or four.

I've seen an Aladdin one mentioned on other Disneyland Park sites. Perhaps that might come to Disneyland Paris if the Walt Disney World company take over completely?

Disney Matt

Does anyone knoe when in February?
I'm there the 1st to the 5th & think I'll probably miss it.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

dazzle_v2003

Maybe if the new show is a success it will be come back after Frozen Summer Fun 2016 from September until Nov then for Xmas Frozen Sing Along returns and then this show returns afterwards so they alternate. It sounds like it's going to be a great show.

I'm going near the end of January so i'll probably miss any soft openings too as it's the week before the end of January. Gutted!!