Food photos?

Started by Mamaboogie, June 11, 2015, 08:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyRon

Quote from: HildeKitten on June 14, 2015, 10:31:45 PM
Are the chicken strips at Hakuna Matata spiced/spicy?
I didn't much like the spices on the kebab burger so I rather ask before ordering :)

Nothing excessive from what I recall.
And with the African sauce (which is rather sweet), it certainly didn't come off as overly spicy. :)

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: Mamaboogie on June 14, 2015, 05:59:11 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on June 14, 2015, 05:56:30 PM
Quote from: Mamaboogie on June 14, 2015, 05:47:04 PM
Original from Earl of Sandwich:

What's in The Original? Love the look of it :)

It's basically roast beef and horseradish - absolutely delicious! It's the hot crusty bread that makes these sandwiches so special. Am determined to try something different this trip - maybe the one with turkey and cranberry?

hi there ...
for me the Hawaiian is a must from Earls , last year we went for 5 days and i had one everyday ... :o
oh what i would give now to be sat outside upstairs  over looking the lake with my sandwich and brownie... :'(  ;D

HildeKitten

Quote from: DisneyRon on June 15, 2015, 07:54:54 AM
Quote from: HildeKitten on June 14, 2015, 10:31:45 PM
Are the chicken strips at Hakuna Matata spiced/spicy?
I didn't much like the spices on the kebab burger so I rather ask before ordering :)

Nothing excessive from what I recall.
And with the African sauce (which is rather sweet), it certainly didn't come off as overly spicy. :)

Oh awesome, thank you for letting me know!
I think I'll try them on my next trip :)

I quite often only remember to take a photo of my food after I started eating it, oops!

Mamaboogie

Earl of Sandwich is a great addition to DLP - I really enjoyed sitting upstairs and looking at the view. It was really quiet in there too!

Hildekitten - I am the same! I have to really try and remember to take a before photo!  ;D

HildeKitten

Classic cheeseburger menu with potato wedges.
Sure the burger is still in the wrapper, but everyone knows what a cheeseburger looks like :)

Mileto

Mickey Pizza at Victoria's Home-Style Restaurant (back in May 2010)

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Mamaboogie

Quote from: HildeKitten on June 16, 2015, 10:23:35 AM

Classic cheeseburger menu with potato wedges.
Sure the burger is still in the wrapper, but everyone knows what a cheeseburger looks like :)

Where did you get the cheeseburger from?

Mamaboogie

Quote from: Mileto on June 16, 2015, 06:57:54 PM
Mickey Pizza at Victoria's Home-Style Restaurant (back in May 2010)

Awww! You've got to love a Mickey shaped pizza!  :D

HildeKitten

Pretty sure that was Cowboy Cookout Barbeque, but normally you can get regular cheeseburger menus at most counter service places. I had one at Hyperion/Videopolis last October.
I think CCB is one of the few places that does them with wedges instead of fries though.
But if you're just interested in the burger, pretty much any fast food joint will be able to serve you one :)

Mamaboogie

Will definitely have to try CCB - I think my boyf would love it! Nice to have wedges for a change too!

HildeKitten

Churros and keylime pie at Cowboy Cookout BBQ a few years ago. I'm not sure they still do either now, but they did back in 2010 :)

Mamaboogie

I'm in!  ;D love both Churros and key lime pie!!!

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: Mamaboogie on June 18, 2015, 11:37:48 AM
I'm in!  ;D love both Churros and key lime pie!!!

i too love key lime pie , sadly neither of my two did  ;) , so i ended up with 3.... ;D
hope they do still do them , not been there in a while...

Mamaboogie

How busy was Cowboy Cookout?

I have an aversion to packed out counter service restaurants!  :P I know, I know...going to DLP in August means there are going to be lots of queues everywhere!

stifle

Cowboy Cookout is huge so does not get too overcrowded.