Food photos?

Started by Mamaboogie, June 11, 2015, 08:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamaboogie

Hi there!  :)

Does anyone have any photos of any meals from DLP?

I'm going in August and I love Disney food! ;D

Here is a picture of my starter from Walt's in 2013 to get the ball rolling!

DisneyRon

something like this. ;)

California Grill, September 2014, "The Temptation of Snow White" dessert.

Bar Fantasia, September 2014, "Blue Glow-Tini" cocktail.

Also have some of the dessert at L'Auberge from that visit, but it doesn't look particularly spectacular. ;)
Didn't take many food photos beyond these.

Mamaboogie

Quote from: DisneyRon on June 11, 2015, 09:03:10 PM
something like this. ;)

California Grill, September 2014, "The Temptation of Snow White" dessert.

Bar Fantasia, September 2014, "Blue Glow-Tini" cocktail.

Also have some of the dessert at L'Auberge from that visit, but it doesn't look particularly spectacular. ;)
Didn't take many food photos beyond these.

Exactly like that!  ;D  Thank you! I love a good cocktail. How did you find California Grill? Am trying to work out which restaurants to book and I hadn't considered that one. But I really want some new experiences this time.

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mamaboogie on June 11, 2015, 10:31:54 PM
Exactly like that!  ;D  Thank you! I love a good cocktail. How did you find California Grill? Am trying to work out which restaurants to book and I hadn't considered that one. But I really want some new experiences this time.

The California Grill is what you'd expect from the fanciest restaurant on site. ;)
Wonderful atmosphere, impeccable service, lovely food. If you're near a window, a lovely view too.
I really enjoyed my meal there to be honest. :)

The menus are heavily customized apps on iPads.

It is however a very pricey restaurant.
If you're on the Premium Plan you have a separate set menu, that has some lovely choices, but the "cheapest" normal set of choices is the "Tinkerbell" menu, and that was €79 per person last September. That gives you half a dozen or so choices per course. The dessert shown above is from that particular menu.

I assume many things are seasonal, so there may well be a lot of variation in what's available. :)

Mamaboogie

We were given the half board plus plan when we booked. Can we use these vouchers towards paying for a meal at California Grill?

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mamaboogie on June 12, 2015, 12:39:06 PM
We were given the half board plus plan when we booked. Can we use these vouchers towards paying for a meal at California Grill?

indeed you can, it's a normal Disney restaurant in that respect. :)
I did the same with my Premium voucher the 2nd time I dined there. I didn't feel like the Premium set menu again, and went with the Tinkerbell instead.
You simply pay the difference.

Also, despite it being a really fancy restaurant, there is no formal dress-code or anything. ;)
So as long as you don't arrive in your swim-clothes or something you'll be fine.

Mamaboogie

That's good to know! Thanks for the info  :)

HildeKitten

Flashback Friday: a Halloween donut back in 2005 :)

stifle

Quote from: Mamaboogie on June 12, 2015, 12:39:06 PM

Yes – but expect to pay around €50 a person as the top-up payment!

Mamaboogie

Quote from: HildeKitten on June 12, 2015, 06:38:20 PM
Flashback Friday: a Halloween donut back in 2005 :)

Awesome!  ;D

Mamaboogie

Dessert at Blue Lagoon.

Dessert at Walts.

HildeKitten

Magic cheeseburger menu photos from back in 2007 and 2008.

Mamaboogie

Fab! Where is your favourite counter service place to eat?

Disney Matt

I liked Pizzeria Bella Notte even though it was a bit slow to get to the till lol!  ;)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Mamaboogie

Ooh - I've never tried that one!

We quite often end up in Toad Hall in the Disneyland Parc - always get a bit stumped in the studios (have tried the CS restaurants but they are always so busy!) and usually end up going into Disney Village instead!