Disneyland Paris Audition April 14th 2015

Started by pourainsidire, April 15, 2015, 09:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pourainsidire

Hey everyone!

This is my first time posting on here, but I've always read the forum posts!

I need some advice. So my dream is to work at Disneyland Paris. I've been to five auditions - first one I didn't pass the animation, second one I got all the way to the end, cast as Anna and then I wasn't right, third one I didn't get chosen as a face character and didn't pass the dance, fourth one I got chosen as face but didn't pass the dance and finally yesterday I got all the way through to the end and passed the dance! (hoorah!).

However, when they looked closely at my face they told me it wasn't right for the disney characters. (I slightly don't understand this because I've been through to hair and makeup).

This time, unlike the last time I was cast he didn't say 'come back and see us' he just said 'your face isn't right for the characters, and we don't have anything else in your height range'. I was just wondering what people think, my mum says I shouldn't go back and audition, and I feel I should because I can't just give up on my dreams like that!

What does everyone think I should do? Will I ever be right? Is it worth me continuing to audition?

Naomi :)

JAKKO

Nice to find someone who's been through almost the same crap as I have! I have been to 5 auditions now and for the first four times I never got through the animation round. This time (yesterday) I finally got through but got cut on the dance round. However, I emailed the casting director once and he told me the only reason he has never been able to keep me at the auditions is due to my body weight. So I lost weight and this time he let me through.

Pixie Dust

Hi!
Wow, this looks like my story!

I went to the auditions 3 times. First time i went through to a second dance round (it was just the one dance, but cut into two. People who only passed the first round got a contract as chracter-only). The second time i got casted as Elsa, but it didnt work out the way they wanted (they didnt say why). Last time (march 26) i got casted as Anna (i'm curious what you look like right now, since you got casted for her too haha) and then i was the only one of the group who didnt get a contract. Because they lost my eyes in the makeup. And then the well-knows sentence came: unfortunately we don't have anything else available in your height right now, so please, please come back another time.

Funny thing is that i sent them a photo and CV between my 2nd and 3rd audition. You could e-mail them because they were in urgent need of Anna and Elsa's. And they turned me down for it. So i asked why and they just replied: you don't have the specific characteristics. It looked like they were hesitating when i stood in line for the facecharacters and smiled. I even thought i heard one of the castingdirectors say: was she here before? And then Daniel shrugged and wrote down the character they wanted to try.

Did you see your score at the bottom of the form?
Did they seriously said: your face isnt right for the characters? Did they mean character performer or did they mean specific characters that they were trying?
I have no idea what to do. I'm still hoping they are going to try another character on me. And I learned i have to smile while making my eyes veeeeeery big the next time haha. So i still have hopes. Especially because i think there are some facecharacters over there that have really small eyes too. And a lot of them just don't look anything like the character at all. But yeah it sucks, because if you're selected as face and you pass the danceround but you don't look enough like the characters, you're just going to be send away..

Disneyprincesswannab

omg please could I have the casting directors email?! or maybe you guys could help me. Ive auditioned 4 times now and I always get cut first time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! My routine is always perfect, (not to be big headed) as im an aspiring performer, and studied it at college, plus Ive done it so many times ive kinda got the hang haha! Im a size 12, and I have a really exaggerated waist so Im sure I could fit in the dresses, so its so frustrating that I'm never given a chance! I cant believe they said it was your weight, what size were you if you don't mind me asking?!xx

thatsutherskid

Hi everyone :)

I auditioned on sunday in leeds and managed to get all the way to where they look at your face for a face character position. I was unfortunately cut after this but i'm massively proud of myself for getting that far!! Me and the other people that got cut at that point were told that our heights didnt match the face characters they wanted us for and that there wasn't any positions for us at that time but to please come back and try again. I just want to know why exactly I was specifically cut at that point as I want to know if there's anything i can do about it before I try again so if someone could help me get hold of Daniels email that would be fantastic! I know that a fair few people do email him asking why they got cut and he actually tells them so it would be really great if i could also ask him. If anyone could help me out I would be so grateful :) Also how did you all find out what you scored and what character they were thinking you looked like?! I have no clue what i was being looked at for or what i scored in the different rounds aha

Also i want to say well done all of you for getting as far as you did, remember it is an achievement regardless of the fact you didn't get the job!! Think of how many people didn't get that far, be proud of yourselves guys!!
Beth x

pourainsidire

Hi guys!

Wow!! So nice to see so many of us in the same position (also a little bittersweet)

they've never specifically said anything wrong with me but I've always been too scared to ask! It's my absolute dream to  work over there and my friend is there at the moment! I've always just had the 'your face isn't right for the roles and heigh and blah blah blah'

Hopefully we'll make it soon!