Cheyenne Breakfast Puzzler ???

Started by rocker, April 07, 2015, 11:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocker

Mrs Rocker, our little lady & I are staying at Cheyenne in a couple of weeks.  Daughter & I have passes so I booked the room in my wife's name B&B, my name does not appear on the booking.  I know I'll have to pay a few Euros a day for local tax when I check in but I presume this will not entitle me to breakfast.  Mrs Rocker doesn't really do breakfast...a coffee & croissant at most, I on the other hand will happily tuck in enough to keep me going until dinner time. 

How strict are staff in the Cheyenne breakfast room?  Will anyone notice/ask/care if I go down for breakfast rather than my wife?

Thinking I can fill up on all the breakfast goodies & then just take a croissant with me as I leave back to the room for Mrs Rocker...will this be do-able or will Cheyenne breakfast police spoil my plan??

stecal

When we checked in we were given a card for each days breakfast and just handed it in to the staff on the way in each morning they never checked how many of us there were

cazspence

The room tax you pay does entitle you to breakfast. So you will get breakfast passes for everyone staying in the room.

Mileto

I think nobody will check if it's you or your wife.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

HildeKitten

Yes exactly, just hand over the time card you'll have been given at the reception when booking the time for your breakfast and don't mention anything and everything will be fine :)

stifle

The tax does not cover breakfast, it covers the tax that most French localities levy on tourists. In theory you should pay. In practice you will not need to as the breakfast tickets and pink card are one per room rather than per guest. Even if you wanted to pay I don't know whether they're set up to process it...

rocker

thanks for your advice...after having to cancel & re-book due to illness & therefore consequently being downgraded from half board to B&B, at least we will all get breakfast.

I wonder if they offer coco pops...my daughter only eats coco pops for breakfast!  ::)

10 days to go  :)

TappyFish

Quote from: rocker on April 09, 2015, 10:15:25 AM
thanks for your advice...after having to cancel & re-book due to illness & therefore consequently being downgraded from half board to B&B, at least we will all get breakfast.

I wonder if they offer coco pops...my daughter only eats coco pops for breakfast!  ::)

10 days to go  :)

Never seen coco pops but they do have a chocolate cereal that isn't too bad.

HildeKitten

Luckily you don't need a fridge to keep cocopops fresh, so you could always take a box along just in case :)

Uragano Tati

Last time, in november, the room at the Cheyenne was booked for my "almost husband" only. I added myself at the check in. I paid only 0,99 euro per night and the cast member at the reception said that I had also the breakfast included. So every morning we both went to have breakfast and had no problem.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne