What type of dance lessons should I take to help me in the Audition?

Started by JLC., April 04, 2015, 07:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLC.

Anyone know what kind of dance classes I could take to help in the dance section? I don't feel very confident in that and I have no idea what to expect as Ive never been to an audition before.

Any help on the dance section would be great!

Thank you :D

bad-pink-tink

from the auditions I did a few years ago, it doesn't really matter WHAT kind of dance background you have. They are looking to see how quick you can pick up choreography and how you execute that choreography.  They are lloking to see can you keep in time and how confident you are as a dancer.

As long as you have some sort of dance background you will be fine. I have a very mixed dance background, mainly Irish dancing, with some Latin and streetdance and I made it though the dance round but got cut after the dance. I asked afterwards why I didn't get any further and was told my body type was not what they were looking for at that time.

They have a list of what they are looking for, so matter if you are a very experienced dancer you still could get cut due to the what kind of dancer or character they are looking to find :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Pixie Dust

The current routine is a jazz-routine. So i would recommend Jazz! :)
Although it's true they want to see how fast you can remember the steps and how confident you are, knowing how to execute some of the steps can help you remember the dance more quickly.

Good luck!

JLC.