Sequoia Lodge Swimming Pool

Started by Lucyloo, March 12, 2015, 12:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Hi All,

Staying here in a few weeks and just in case we get chance to use the pool, a couple of questions:

1)  Are towels provided, do you take your own or use the ones from your room.  I believe these are quite small?

2) Also heard the pool is quite cold, is this correct.  My 3 yr old starts turning blue in a cold pool!  Have to get him a new wetsuit if this is the case!

Thanks +

TappyFish

Hi. Sequoia Lodge provide towels for both your room (white) and for the swimming pool (blue and white). While it is possible for you to use your room towels when you go swimming, they don't like it. Both the room towels and the swimming towels are quite small but do the job. If in doubt, just ask for a few more! :) We take one or two towels from home (as they're much bigger) when suitcase space allows it.

I've heard that the hotels charge you for the swimming towels now but haven't been able to find anything to confirm this. If anyone else can confirm or bust that rumour, please do!

From what I remember, the pool was rather cold - I believe the "garage door" was open though... Last visit was over ten years ago though so not sure if they've made changes there.

~TappyFish~

stecal

Hi when i went in 2012 you could hire towels at the pool for a few euros i think but i just took the ones from the room which like you said are quite small so depending on how much you are going to use it it might be worth taking some from home or buy some cheap ones from primark/matalan and just leave them there,from what i remember the pool was quite cold at first but you get used to it after a while

disneymagic006

Hi also been a while since I used the sequoia pool but I recommend it as one of the nicest, albeit quite small. We used the hotel towels as had forgotten ours - we just took them down in our bags and so nothing was said. The pool is quite cold, I remember inching in haha but the jacuzzi is lovely and warm. Your little one will probably need a little wetsuit to ensure their comfort such as the splash about wrap or similar.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

HildeKitten

When I stayed in the Sequoia Lodge in 2006 I think it was, we had brought big towels from home to use at the pool.
The water temperature was fine, but it was SUPER HOT outside so I think that even if it were cold, it would have simply felt as refreshing due to the heat outside.

However, it needs to be said, that the pool is not always open.
When I went in July 2010 and stayed at the Sequoia, the pool didn't open 'till 3pm!
Which is ridiculous in peak season!
Also: we had asked the staff about opening times (3 differnent people) the day before and they all told us it would open at 10, only to discover it opened at 3pm. As you can imagine we were pretty displeased about that.

I've heard from a different friend that during several months, the pool isn't even open at all, so that's worth informing. With some luck you won't get lied to like we did.

Zee79

Went in 2013 & used towels from the room due to the charge. We just hung them over the shower when we got back to the room. The pool was freezing when we went & this was with the doors closed. The current in the pool was also very strong.

HFJohnson

When we were there last year they weren't charging for towels - they were just handing them out to people on arrival.