Rooms in Sequoia Lodge

Started by TappyFish, March 05, 2015, 04:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TappyFish

I was reading somewhere online last night that Sequoia Lodge has moved their Montana rooms to the main building and replaced the previously listed Montana rooms that were in the five lodges with standard rooms. Can anyone confirm that this is now the case? As I understand it, standard rooms are available in both the main building and lodges, while Montana rooms are now only in the main building.

Also, if anyone might know, a Montana room located in the main building with a lake view... How much of a lake view would I get? I vaguely seem to remember staying in a lake view room many years ago, but I cannot picture the view clearly and I have no idea where the photos have since gone.

Thanks.

~TappyFish~

TappyFish

I came across this:
Standard Room - Nestled in the trees, these forest lodges are a cosy retreat for nature lovers.
Montana Room - Stay handily in the main building close to all the hotel facilities.
Montana Lakeside Room - Take advantage of the view of Lake Disney with these Montana rooms all in the main building of the hotel.

It would seem that standard rooms are only in lodges now and Montana rooms are only in the main building. Still looking for confirmation however.

Further to my own question, I have seen a few grainy images that show the lake view but if anyone has any personal experiences that could enlighten me to how much of a view you can expect, I would be grateful.

Leapincat64

The Montana rooms are the rooms in the main building.
If I remember correctly, they moved the 'montana' tag to some lodge rooms which had been refurbished before the main building had been refurbished. Now the refurb of the whole hotel is complete, the 'montana' tag is once again the main building rooms. (I could be wrong about that part, but I know for sure the montana rooms are the main building)

I'm afraid I haven't stayed in a lake view room however, so I can't offer any insight on that. :)

Hope that helps somewhat!

stormflm595

Hi!

I'm booked in SL and can confirm the new layout. The standard rooms are now in the lodges with the Montana rooms in the main building. You can upgrade Montana to a lake view room meaning you'll be lake side. Of course if you're lower down then you might not see much of the lake. We wanted to upgrade to Montana lake side when we found out that the standard rooms were now in the lodges meaning a little more of a walk (one of the main reasons we didn't go back to Santa Fe this year) but we were priced around £110 for it and could not afford it. Ah well, it's still the SL! We'll just ask at check in to be in the nearest lodge to the main building I guess.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

tsaress

Is the difference in the rooms only the view?

I've only ever staying in Santa Fe and it seems that the costs aren't that much different at the moment between the hotels. I'm just worried about booking in case the room will be a total pain and rubbish and that's why they may have reduced costs.

Can anyone give me reviews of the different types of rooms?
DLP March 2018, DLP October 2017, DLP June 2017, DLP April 2017
DLP July 2015, DLP Jan 2013, DLP August 2006, DLP July 1998
DLP April 1993
WDW July 1988

stormflm595

pretty much, as well as walking distances and available amenities such as a pool with SF doesn't have. SL also has Golden Forest which I've never tried but it's supposed to be really good.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

HildeKitten

I once stayed in a lakeview room at the Sequoia Lodge back in 2010, and this is a picture I took from my room.
I don't know whether or not they've changed the layout on that side of the hotel, but back then this was my view :)
Considering I had gotten a free upgrade from a standard room (which we only found out about when we checked in), you can imagine I was well pleased and had absolutely zero complains :)

stormflm595

wow what a great view! how did you get the free upgrade?! thinking of asking to be in a lodge nearest to the main building but a free upgrade would be a dream!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

TappyFish

Thank you all for your replies. stormflm595, that is a big help. Thank you.

My fiancee and I are looking at staying in a Montana room later this year - hence the related questions. We were torn between the lake view room and the standard Montana room mainly due to price. We shopped around a bit today, both online and at a local travel agent, and it seems we could get the lake view room for an extra £20. After looking at the great image posted by HildeKitten (many thanks for sharing that by the way!), I think we're going to go with the lake view room and hope that we get something in the way of a view. After all, £20 isn't so much more :)

Disney Matt

Quote from: stormflm595 on March 06, 2015, 05:32:36 PM
wow what a great view! how did you get the free upgrade?! thinking of asking to be in a lodge nearest to the main building but a free upgrade would be a dream!

I'm not HildeKitten but I got a free upgrade in Dec, was meant to be in a lodge but on check in we were given a Montana Room in the main building (we never asked, we were just given it). We were thrilled  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

stormflm595

Quote from: Mathierson24 on March 06, 2015, 06:16:46 PM
I'm not HildeKitten but I got a free upgrade in Dec, was meant to be in a lodge but on check in we were given a Montana Room in the main building (we never asked, we were just given it). We were thrilled  ;D

oh wow! fingers crossed we'll get the same then!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

TappyFish

As I understand it, sometimes guests are offered a "free upgrade" when the hotel has empty rooms. Whether its an incentive to book them in future, a gesture of goodwill or just easier for the housekeepers, I have no idea.

Disney Matt

Quote from: stormflm595 on March 06, 2015, 06:21:27 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on March 06, 2015, 06:16:46 PM

oh wow! fingers crossed we'll get the same then!

I shall keep my fingers & toes crossed for you lol  ;)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

HildeKitten

Quote from: stormflm595 on March 06, 2015, 05:32:36 PM

Well I'm not 100% sure, but when I booked they asked whether we were going for a special reason and I said it was for my 30th birthday. And the day we arrived we found out we had been upgraded to a room in the building with lake view and also got a VIP breakfast pass.
So I'm guessing it was for my birthday (it's easy enough to check whether it was my birthday or not, as I booked with my AP back then to get AP holder discount and obviously they had my birthday on file so knew I was being honest) ^^
I thought it was a lovely thing to do of them in any case :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Beautiful photo and lovely gesture we had an upgrade to lake view room in HNY some years ago could see tower of terror blinking at night  :D

And at the DLH we were upgraded to rooms with terraced front gardens! Wich was a dream. We could see people leaving the park and listen to the park music in the evenings. Was really something