davy crockett ranch and half board package

Started by irishbhoy1888, March 03, 2015, 03:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

Hi all , I am thinking of booking the davy crockett ranch again this year as last year's trip there was excellent .
We loved it , but while booking  I came across name changes to the cabins .
Premium will now be called pioneer and standard will be called trapper , thing is I also read that disney are upgrading all cabins in april and they will be basically the same from then on in , the only difference between pioneer cabins and trapper cabins will be distance to davys village ?
Does anyone have info on this as we want to book a cabin with decking and air con etc but if the trapper cabins will also have these features come April then I dont think an extra 200€ would be worth paying for a pioneer just be closer to the ranch village !
My other question regards the half board meal plan .
I was told by a disney rep on  the phone that we would have a meal voucher for each day for either lunch or dinner and 7 restraunts to choose from , does anybody know which restraunts these are ?
8) 8)

polar vixen

I phoned to check on this and was told that the air con / bunk bed still applied,  yet the website seems to say otherwise. I ended up paying the extra as o like to have the living area as a living area not a bedroom,  but first services have been known to be wrong. As far as buffets, the ones covered are the one at Davy crockett,  santa fe, Cheyenne,  plaza gardens,  restaurant des stars in the studios,  and I believe billy bobs and the oriental one,  whose name escapes me. I'm sure of the first five,  and fairly sure on the last two. You can of course use your vouchers at face value of you fancy a meal somewhere else

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: polar vixen on March 03, 2015, 05:52:14 PM
I phoned to check on this and was told that the air con / bunk bed still applied,  yet the website seems to say otherwise. I ended up paying the extra as o like to have the living area as a living area not a bedroom,  but first services have been known to be wrong. As far as buffets, the ones covered are the one at Davy crockett,  santa fe, Cheyenne,  plaza gardens,  restaurant des stars in the studios,  and I believe billy bobs and the oriental one,  whose name escapes me. I'm sure of the first five,  and fairly sure on the last two. You can of course use your vouchers at face value of you fancy a meal somewhere else

So can you tell me is the differance between these is that premium cabins has air con and picnic area and are bigger with 2 shower rooms plus you receive complimentary wash kits and are placed closer to the davy village ?
And disney are saying this will stay the same ?
What do you mean you can use your voucher at other restraunts at face value ? I thought you could just use them at the selected restraunts .
I will probably just book the premium cabins anyway just to be sure as nobody seems  quite sure as to what is happening  :)
last thing I want is to be stuck in a cabin with no aircon in the middle of july :)

polar vixen

Sorry, whenever I post messages using my phone they always get garbled.  As it was explained to me on the phone by guest services, The trapper (basic) cabin will have 1 double bed, 1 bedroom with bunkbeds, and a bed settee, Also no air-con.  Comparatively the pioneer has air con, and 4 single beds in the 2nd bedroom, + two washrooms.  On top the that you could pay an even higher price bracket to gurantee a cabin closer to the village centre. That was when I booked.  If you go on to the disneylandparis.co.uk site, there is usually a pop-up for an online chat advisor - they should be able to confirm all of the above. 
As faras the vouchers, the voucher itself will pay fully for any of those 7 buffets, but you aren't restricted to them, you can use them at face value in any other restaurants - we used ours at annettes and bistrot chez remy, then paid the extra.

McSuze

I have booked for August this year, when I spoke with a CM they said that after 1st April the standard cabins will all be upgraded to be exactly the same as the current premium & renamed Trapper. The current premium ones will be renamed Pioneer, they said that the Trapper will all have the 3 beds & a pull out in the second bedroom but will be closer to the entrance, and the Pioneer will be closer to the amenities. So the only difference is location.

The Premium Plus will remain as they are now.
:-)

irishbhoy1888

Hummm ! Its one of those situations , do I or dont I  ;D I think ill play it safe this time round and just go with a pioneer .
thanks for the info folks , now im off to book a holiday to dlrp  ;D