Attendance

Started by penfold12, April 05, 2007, 08:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoffD

i've heard of this (not officially) someone posted a map back in the 3rd Park topics in Imaginnering and it outlined a large area behind the studios for a expanision.

Kristof

Oooh that... Well that is indeed expansion space, but there's also lots of expansion space at the Disneyland Park.  Don't count on any expansion there yet, as they're first going to fill up the "holes" (Toon Studio, Tower of Terror and Soarin' between Cinémagique/Disney Channel).  After that they might expand the park.  But when there's no increase of visitors to both park (not just shifting), I doubt this will happen any soon.

Anthony

I still have to seriously doubt the chances of Soarin' coming to Walt Disney Studios, at least as "the next step".  It doesn't seem a very marketable attraction compared to the ones they're building/have built now.  It might be a wonderful attraction, but in terms of building attendance, personally I don't think it'd be a wise step.

Toy Story Mania on the other hand...

Soap

Quote from: "Baloo"Toy Story Mania on the other hand...

I think that adding this one to the park would surely be a great thing! WDS would become more and more a stand alone parc, were you can spent more time and have more options! :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

GeoffD

yeah, i doubt an expanision is coming, but at least theres some space.

I'd love studios to be a park i can spend a full day at.

CafeFantasia

Well, as we all know, Disney like building attractions in bulk these days. Why build one ride when you can build 3-4 at the same time, splitting the costs? On that basis, it would seem that Toy Story Mania is the most likely attraction to be built next at the Walt Disney Studios. Either that or a Monsters Inc show/ride.

As for Soarin' not being marketable, what if they changed the theme to Narnia? The Chronicles of Narnia is number 23 in the all-time Worldwide Box Office chart, making it Disney's 2nd most successful live-action film, behind Pirates of the Carribean 2. So, clearly a lot of people like it.

The Chronicles of Narnia already has a great soundtrack, and lots of breathtaking landscapes, making it the perfect theme for a new Soarin' attraction. They could call it... "Soarin' Over Narnia".

x-charlotte-x

Narnia wouldn't interest me at all.. the film bored the hell out of me, but thats just my opinion.  :)

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Soap

Quote from: "Alan"Well, as we all know, Disney like building attractions in bulk these days. Why build one ride when you can build 3-4 at the same time, splitting the costs? On that basis, it would seem that Toy Story Mania is the most likely attraction to be built next at the Walt Disney Studios. Either that or a Monsters Inc show/ride.

As for Soarin' not being marketable, what if they changed the theme to Narnia? The Chronicles of Narnia is number 23 in the all-time Worldwide Box Office chart, making it Disney's 2nd most successful live-action film, behind Pirates of the Carribean 2. So, clearly a lot of people like it.

The Chronicles of Narnia already has a great soundtrack, and lots of breathtaking landscapes, making it the perfect theme for a new Soarin' attraction. They could call it... "Soarin' Over Narnia".

Thats so true! That would be a wicked theme! I love that fantasy settings and i would love to ride or be in such a ride!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Nicholas-c

studios is busy and popular all their rides hold large amounts of people (ive seen RNR que time go from 10 mins to 1 1/2 hours after stunt show
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

speedpacket

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"studios is busy and popular all their rides hold large amounts of people (ive seen RNR que time go from 10 mins to 1 1/2 hours after stunt show
True, but that only lasts for about an hour or so, and then the queueing time goes down to 5 - 10 minutes again...

The only long queues I've seen in WDS on a consistent manner throughout the day is Studio Tram Tour, and that is mostly caused by an inefficient way of unloading/loading at the station I believe...

If they would let people exit from the left side of the vehicles, and provide a pathway from there to the exit, you would let people enter while the previous load is exiting...

Also - because people like to be pushy and don't follow guidelines, Disney is forced o only use the two entrances all the way left (on the rear of the train) and all the way right; they are not using the gates for each car in the train anymore as that proved to be unsafe due to pushy people...  That also contributes to long waiting times :)

Bottom line - the studios can be busy, but mostly only after stunt show; I haven't seen long queues for a while now...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

dlrp-mad

I think the disneyland park as it is, is up to the usual disney standards and it's nice that every now and again the big heads at the company give it a bit of a brush up.

But, the studios is in its early days yet and when it's a little bit bigger, it could be up to the standard of MGM. It will take a few years yet, but when TOT is built and the toon studios is officially open, I think we'll see the numbers rise. I don't think soarin' will be on the cards but I think they'll expand the studio tram tour and I think they'll add more rides if they do expand at the back of the park. I personally, would like to see fantasmic! make an appearance at disneyland paris, but I dunno if there's space!

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

disneyfanatic

Well after having been to WDS this past week, it was pretty crowded. Normally the park is pretty quiet but now that Toon Studios has opened it's not & TOT will only help it along more! It would be interesting to see what kind of numbers the park had over the last few weeks. I admit we stayed in the park longer- almost the whole day where in the past we would just pop in to ride RnRC. I do wish they'd revamp the parade- we've seen it so many times now...

britincgn

Id love to see Soarin in the park simply because there is nothing like it in Europe .I doubt if they can change it (because flying over Disneyland and seeing the fireworks has that ahhh efect)athough Soarin over the World would be nice.Toy Story Mania would be good also but I think the main problem with the studios is that there is no way to walk round,you just seem to go from one attraction to the next and back.Perhaps the best idea would be to build the Pixarland rumoured to be going to the MGM studios and put Toy Story Mania in there .Also seeing the pics of the Toon Studios at night a new nighttime show would be a good idea.

davewasbaloo

I think attendance will be through the roof this year.  we just came back after spending 12 days there, and the studios was as busy as DLP (very).  60 min waits for Cars, 120 min waits for Crush, consistent 30 - 45 min waits for RNRC.  But the place has great energy that Toon Studios and HSM have really brought to it.
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

I´m happy for DLRP and my shares about the attendance. But my "I can go to the best things without waiting"-Plan will fail this year  :wink:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...