Disney Shares

Started by nickyw33, February 19, 2015, 02:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickyw33

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help me please as ive received another email from Halifax Share Dealing this morning to say that there has been some changes made with the shares for Euro Disney.

I only own a few shares, as when we joined the Shareholders Club years ago the minimum amount was a lot lower than it is now.

Could someone explain to me what I need to do please?  I cant seem to find any information anywhere - would I be better to sell my shares as I cant afford to purchase anymore to get to the amount I now need.  I have never been able to re-join the club for this reason.

Thanks all!
Nicky

captain rocket

This has certainly been a strange time for those of us who are not used to buying and selling shares!
I don't know how many shares you hold, but might assume that you had shares in the original company and only hold about 10 or something like that?
If you were one of the original shareholders, then your rights to remain a shareholders club member should continue as it was. Under these circumstances it would seem sensible to wait and see what the  criteria for continuing membership will be for the rest of us.
I held 100 shares and am hoping that any changes in the shareholding requirements will only affect new members, but at the moment we just don't know.
I have'nt had any communication from the Halifax today, so I assume that the message you have received was specific to longer term members of the club.

nickyw33

I only hold 23 shares, and after doing a bit more digging on the Halifax website it seems that my shares have been de-valued and I have been given £32 back. 

Not exactly sure what I missed along the way with these, but its better than losing them altogether I suppose  :D