April trip advice

Started by MulanRouge, February 13, 2015, 05:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MulanRouge

Hello all!

I've just booked a trip for myself, husband and our 10 year old son, staying 2 nights at HNY from April 29th. I'm trying to vaguely plan our days to see if I need to make any restaurant reservations.

We're arriving on the direct Eurostar about 2pm so I figure that we'll check in at the hotel straight away to get it over and done with. Then, as Wednesday is likely to be the quietest day of our trip, I thought it might be best to head to the Studios to try and get on the Ratatouille ride and Crush's Coaster. As far as food is concerned though, it'll be between Cafe Mickey before going to the Studios or Cafe Remy after the Ratatouille ride. Do you think either of these are likely without reservations on a Wednesday afternoon?

Alternatively, we could do the Studios on Friday morning at opening time....

Thanks for your help  :)

msRavenswood

You can make reservations just to be safe and if change your mind you can cancel or choose another restaurant or time slot once you're there.

By the way, Chez Remy is amazing, you won't regret it!  ;)

MulanRouge

Quote from: msRavenswood on February 13, 2015, 06:03:17 PM
You can make reservations just to be safe and if change your mind you can cancel or choose another restaurant or time slot once you're there.

By the way, Chez Remy is amazing, you won't regret it!  ;)

Now why didn't I think of that?! I will definitely do that, especially as I have now realised that I've booked during Paris spring break (I am not going to tell husband!) so the parks are likely to be busier than I'd hoped :/ Oh well, it's still going to be fab  :)

MulanRouge

Can someone help me with Swing Into Spring info please?

We arrive on the 2pm Eurostar on a Wednesday (staying 2 nights). It would seem from the News & Rumours forum that there is a "Welcome To Spring" show with Mary Poppins characters (my son's favourite!) that runs Sat-Weds. Therefore, it looks like the only time we would be able to see this is on the day we arrive.

Does anyone think we have the remotest chance of getting to the Castle Stage from the train station in 30 minutes?! If so, I'm assuming that we'd need to use Disney Express. I know you can drop your luggage with them, do they give you your park tickets too?

Thanks!

polar vixen

You get your tickets on the train if you use Disney express. Well worth it imo,  but you'd have to really leg it to get there in thirty mins

MulanRouge

Thanks for the reply.

I've watched it on YouTube and, although I know it's not the same as being there, I think I can let it go (let it go!). I'll just have to kid myself that I never knew it was going on and never mention it to my son!

I don't really want to start our holiday off by rushing around madly!

Next question though: :)

At the end of April, it looks like the parade will be at 7.30pm and Dreams at 10pm. I was thinking of booking dinner at Inventions in between the two. Is this likely to be enough time? Or would we be better off watching the parade one night and Dreams the next?

Sorry, compulsive planner :)

daddyof2

I can't say this is always the case, but we went last June and the queues to get into the parks on the Friday morning were a lot bigger than on the Wednesday, Thursday, etc. - so I would advise hitting the studios on the Thursday morning. Of course, I don't know how busy it will be during spring break...