Newport bay club- few questions!

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, February 03, 2015, 10:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Matt

Quote from: TappyFish on April 11, 2015, 10:53:56 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on April 11, 2015, 07:40:37 PM
Hmm not at all. Might plump for the HNY then as its just as cheap that time of year.

That's what we did for November this year. Cost us around £70 more but we're 100% more satisfied.

Do you like the HNY?!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

TappyFish

Quote from: Mathierson24 on April 12, 2015, 02:28:35 AM
Quote from: TappyFish on April 11, 2015, 10:53:56 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on April 11, 2015, 07:40:37 PM
Hmm not at all. Might plump for the HNY then as its just as cheap that time of year.

That's what we did for November this year. Cost us around £70 more but we're 100% more satisfied.

Do you like the HNY?!

I like what I've seen so far online, in pictures and videos. My mum and brother have been and said it was great. This will be my first time of staying in HNY, being one of two DLP hotels I've yet to stay in.

Disney Matt

I like what I've seen so far online, in pictures and videos. My mum and brother have been and said it was great. This will be my first time of staying in HNY, being one of two DLP hotels I've yet to stay in.
[/quote]

Ah right, some say good about it & others bad, so i'm never quite sure what to believe lol
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

TappyFish

Quote from: Mathierson24 on April 12, 2015, 02:34:25 PM
Ah right, some say good about it & others bad, so i'm never quite sure what to believe lol

Everyone will have a different view and opinion on a place so I wouldn't say so much that it's a case of believing what people say, rather take it into account to help you make a decision of your own. Does that make sense? If Person A says I love HNY because I had a great night sleep and Person B says I hate HNY because I was kept awake all night, they are both to be believed. Of course, there are some exceptions to this i.e when someone makes a claim that they dislike a hotel because they had something stolen from their room. While this could be true, it could also be a lie. It is up to the reader to decide if they believe the poster or not.

I'm hoping that we'll like Hotel New York. We've heard mixed opinions about the decor and the two restaurants, however have decided to see it for ourselves when we get there. I'm looking forward to the bigger rooms and to escape for a week :D

Disney Matt

Quote from: TappyFish on April 12, 2015, 02:56:02 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on April 12, 2015, 02:34:25 PM

Everyone will have a different view and opinion on a place so I wouldn't say so much that it's a case of believing what people say, rather take it into account to help you make a decision of your own. Does that make sense? If Person A says I love HNY because I had a great night sleep and Person B says I hate HNY because I was kept awake all night, they are both to be believed. Of course, there are some exceptions to this i.e when someone makes a claim that they dislike a hotel because they had something stolen from their room. While this could be true, it could also be a lie. It is up to the reader to decide if they believe the poster or not.

I'm hoping that we'll like Hotel New York. We've heard mixed opinions about the decor and the two restaurants, however have decided to see it for ourselves when we get there. I'm looking forward to the bigger rooms and to escape for a week :D

Your points make total sense. I try not to let what others say affect my choice of where i'll stay & like to judge for myself. I've never had bad experience at Disney yet (doubt i ever will).
I do think that some peoples expectations are way too high though.

Mileto

Quote from: onceuponadream on April 11, 2015, 06:59:10 PM
The CM I spoke to earlier said that the shop wasn't reopening at all...

I've read something different - there will be a big shop on the place where Captain's Quarters bar is. And the bar is moving direction conference area. I only have to find the source of the article.

I can not imagine Disney hotel without a shop, really.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Queen Elsa

We stayed at the New York in September and it was great. The pool was lovely (although changing rooms were a bit rubbish) the staff were fabulous and very helpful. The Parkside diner was lovely for breakfast but not so great for an evening meal but then I'm not keen on buffet meals and the restaurants we had eaten in in the village had been great!  We are staying at the Neeport Bay this year and very much looking forward to it but it's not until December so most of the refurbs  should be finished. I'm sure wherever you decide you will have a great time x

Disney Matt

Quote from: Queen Elsa on April 14, 2015, 08:55:15 AM
We stayed at the New York in September and it was great. The pool was lovely (although changing rooms were a bit rubbish) the staff were fabulous and very helpful. The Parkside diner was lovely for breakfast but not so great for an evening meal but then I'm not keen on buffet meals and the restaurants we had eaten in in the village had been great!  We are staying at the Newport Bay this year and very much looking forward to it but it's not until December so most of the refurbs should be finished. I'm sure wherever you decide you will have a great time x

You'll definitely have to let us know what its like in December :)
Glad you had such a good experience in the New York.
I only had one buffet meal when i was at Disney in Dec & that was Plaza Gardens...i thought it was lovely :)

Queen Elsa

Oh I definitely will! I plan on doing a trip report this time too! 😊

We ate at Plaza Gardens one lunch time and enjoyed it too, only thing I wasn't keen of was the size, it was so big and busy but no complaints with the actual meal!

248 days to go!! Woo hooooo 😁

Disney Matt

It is very big! Got very busy when I was getting dessert of all things...made it more difficult  ::)
I've never done a trip report either.
Aaahhh my countdowns longer  :(

Queen Elsa

Haha! My countdown started in September on the day we left!!! 😁 how can grown adults be so excited about Disneyland!?!?! You wouldn't have thought i never wanted to go before but from that first moment walking onto Main Street, I was hooked xx

Disney Matt

As soon as i got back i started planning my next trip!  :o
I have no idea whyy but i'm glad i am  ;D
The walk through Fantasia Gardens under the Disneyland Hotel gets me everytime...bliss!

TappyFish

Quote from: Mathierson24 on April 15, 2015, 12:37:20 AM
The walk through Fantasia Gardens under the Disneyland Hotel gets me everytime...bliss!

I agree! There is something truly magical about it :)

Queen Elsa

Definitely! Gives me a sudden rush of excitement!!! We were meant to be having a fortnight in the sun in May but I have chosen Disneyland at Christmas instead! This coming from a total sun worshipper who never wanted to go to Disneyland!!! Lol x

Tink19

I've just come back from Newport Bay with my family (stayed from 4th to 8th May) and the refurb was in full swing covering the whole hotel, front and back.  Our travel agent didn't let us know about any of this so we were a bit gutted as the noise was incredible. We did stay in the parks for most of the day but on the couple of occasions we tried to return to the room with our nearly 2 year old for a peaceful hour we were met with drilling, rubble tipping, hammering etc....

I hope it finishes soon for the sake of other holiday makers!