halloween week or the week before ???

Started by ilovemainstxxx, January 31, 2015, 11:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovemainstxxx

hi there
just wondering if anyone had been at these times of year...
looking at going for a few nights , and the week before is slightly cheeper but looks like the french have there school holidays for the two weeks
would there be a difference in crowds between the two weeks ??
thanks for any help  :)

Wedmad

We went 19th to 24th last year and the park was very busy, ratatouille was 2hrs + stand by, big thunder was 90mins,
We are going this may before uk half term and have made sure there are no french holidays this time, hope the resort will be a little less busy.

I would avoid the French holidays if I was you, sounds like it may cost a little more but will be worth it if the park is quiter

Paul

Disneyprincesswannab

Only been Halloween week-no choice, I'm a teacher-and it is very busy. I would go the week before if I could!

Mrsya

We went the Thursday/Friday before half term officially began and stayed until the Monday. Queues were mad busy if i'm honest. We only had May to compare it to but average queues were around 45 mins and Crush and Ratatouille were over 2 hours. Only got slightly quieter late evenings.

seraphelle

I've visited 1st week in October and the main Hallowe'en week, and the queue times are lots longer. If you have the choice to go outside of school holidays then I'd recommend it, but if you want to do the Hallowe'en party or have little choice then just plan your days and use your EMH if you're staying in resort. Also, if you have the cash to spare and do end up going during the busy week, there are sometimes fastpasses for sale on eBay that last for 2 days for up to 5 people.

xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

mickey_nl

If you want a real quiet week, go right after Halloween before the christmas season starts.

You will witness the transformation of the park from Halloween to Christmas, and have little or no waiting times.

ilovemainstxxx

hi again
thanks everyone for your replies
its what i was thinking really, busy , but was hoping it wouldnt
have been a few times in october years ago for the MNSSHP but never the last two
arh well might have a think , wanted to book while the offer was on but am unsure
we are meant to be saving to try and go WDW  next year , but really really want to go to Dlp this year , right now if i could .... ;)

thanks again