Disneyland Paris Article about Characters in the Parks

Started by TVTaughtMeHowToFeel, November 06, 2014, 11:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Hi,
I just read this article from the official Disneyland Paris News website.

http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/from-spider-man-to-frozen-an-ever-growing-number-of-characters-for-further-guest-satisfaction-at-disneyland-paris/

It talks a lot about how great Spiderman, Princess Pavillion and Meet Mickey is. but also gives a little glimpse of the near future. I guess we all know that Merida is coming for this Christmas season, but what I'm most curious about is what exactly will happen in the Extra Magic Hours. This quote leaves me with a lot of questions:

"And as of 6 December, a new character offer will be made during the Extra Magic Hours reserved for Disney hotel clients."

What offer? Why so late? Why not at the beginning of the Christmas season? Why not while I'm there (December 1st - 5th :( ) ? Will there be some kind of soft openings for this?

We kind of knew that this was coming, but I still don't really know what to expect, and I'm very sad that I will be gone December 6th to see for myself (Maybe I will camp on the parking lot for one night  :P ). But if I'm really lucky there WILL be soft openings one or two days prior, but i guess i just have to wait and see...

What are your thoughts on the article and this particular subject? Do you know more than me? Let me know!!! :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

DLPWonders (Banned)

It really isn't as spectacular as it sounds.
They just make it sound more appealing, so more people book Disney hotels.
It's also not just for hotel guests, but also for AP Dream holders.
They just left that part out to make it sound more exclusive.

All there is, is Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Pluto/Goofy/Chip 'n Dale who will meet during the Extra Magical Hours in Main Street USA.
They are being moved from the hotels to the parks, which is well known by now.
Why so late, well... nobody knows. That's just the way it is.
And no, there will be no soft openings for this.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Thanks for the information :)

Yeah i forgot to mention that I'm an AP Dream-holder and that I'm staying off site...
I just hoped it would be something more spectecular...
Well nothing worth staying longer for, then...  :-\
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014