Hong Kong Disneyland - getting ready

Started by experiment627, October 31, 2004, 10:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAT_MAGIC

I have to say that this article makes it sound very interesting.  You never know they may have got it right and people may come flocking.  It does seem strange if it ios gonna be a really good park, if it is the only disney resort finished early.  However lets just see what happens when it opens.

experiment627

Thanks raptor!

So it's only 11 months 'till opening day - cool!

Can anyone take a look at how much the admission price is in Euros?

PAT_MAGIC

I have just looked it up on http://www.xe.com, and the cost in euros for adults is
Weekdays: 28.96 euros
Weekends: 34.36 euros
Hope this helps  :D

Kristof

Wow, compared to DLRP's one day ticket, 34 euro is quite a lot for a small park.   :?

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Wow, compared to DLRP's one day ticket, 34 euro is quite a lot for a small park.   :?

Yeah, and it's not like WDS where they offer you a few hours in a larger park to make up for the cost.  :wink:

I think it's a different market though, and they probably want to start with a slightly higher price so that if they have to make price cuts it won't be so bad, and to basically help pay for the huge investment quicker.

Does anyone know what DLP's entrance fee was in 1992 in Euros?

experiment627

One should also consider prices in general in Hong Kong: are they higher or lower than in Paris?

I guess it's very hard to judge the market from our little European perspective. You know how much troubles Disney had when they opened up an European park - now imagine the troubles in Asia...

experiment627

And some more pictures from screamscape: //http://www.screamscape.com/html/hong_kong_disneyland.html

This time of Main Street and the two hotels... I really like to stay at the Disneyland Hotel - trouble is: I probably couldn't decide which view... the Magic Kingdom or the magical Hong Kong skyline?  :)