Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanJT

The same happened to me. I contacted them and (after four attempts!) they came back to say that they did not receive my instructions.

I would certainly contact Caceis again.

Hommi16

Hey guys!

Sorry for my questions, but I can't find the answers anywhere...
I'm planning now to buy shares for the shareholders club. I actually have a good knowledge about shares, but only with buying shares from internet brookers...
disney won't accept it for the club if I buy some from zhe internet brookers right?
So I have to buy it via a bank right? do I have to buy some fees if I buy these shares via caseis? (for depot or something like that)
Thats all... I hope you can help me and sorry if these questions have been answered somewhere else
Greets
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

CJNorth

Thanks for the reply AlanJT.

I sent an email to Caceis and received a reply and new form the same day which I faxed back, so things are back on course again.

Thanks
Carl

CJNorth

Hi,

As far as I understand the club and buying shares it does not matter how you purchase them as long as you can provide proof of your ownership to the club.  They will then check with the share registrars Caceis that you are a share owner.
Carl

Hommi16

Today I got an answer from caseis. I understood nearly everything and it seems to be very easy, but honestly my english isn't the best so I don't know how to understand this: ......As soon as we have received you documents and a provision of 80% of the transaction (wire transfer or draft payment).... what does this mean??? :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  Hope you can help me!
Thanks in advance
Greets
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

Right I really need help with buying shares, what do I do. I live in the UK and have a bank account and want to buy shares so what do I do. How do you become of the shareholders club and all that. PLEASE HELP!!!!
!Magic Everywhere

Disneymania

Quote from: "Its Just Like I DreamedIt"Right I really need help with buying shares, what do I do. I live in the UK and have a bank account and want to buy shares so what do I do. How do you become of the shareholders club and all that. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi!  I bought my shares through Halifax Building Society.  You have to open a Share Account and then they will buy the shares for you.  From start to finish this took about two weeks maximum.  You can then go onto the corporate Disney website and fill in the online application form confirming that you own the shares.  Membership is free if you own more than 20 shares (used to be 2000 before the reverse split).

Edited to say:  forgot to mention that you have to provide to Disney prove of ownership of the shares which Halifax send you via e-mail and I just posted this to Paris.

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/sh ... ndex.xhtml

This link takes you to a list of the priviledges but will also lead you to the form too!

Hope this helps

Disneymania
DLRP 9th July 2008

Alpop

Quote from: "Its Just Like I DreamedIt"Right I really need help with buying shares, what do I do. I live in the UK and have a bank account and want to buy shares so what do I do. How do you become of the shareholders club and all that. PLEASE HELP!!!!
I too bought through Halifax.
It was very easy, but I faxed Euro Disney SCA the proof of ownership.

BUT when I enquired by phone for the prices of the Shares the newbie trader quoted me at about £12 per share (they were only about 6p at the time). But the online trading was dead simple to follow. Your need a share dealing account for EDL (not a Share builder).

CJNorth

Quote from: "Hommi16"Today I got an answer from caseis. I understood nearly everything and it seems to be very easy, but honestly my english isn't the best so I don't know how to understand this: ......As soon as we have received you documents and a provision of 80% of the transaction (wire transfer or draft payment).... what does this mean??? :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  Hope you can help me!
Thanks in advance
Greets
I would assume they are saying to start the purchase they have to receive:

Your instruction to buy and any additional documents (in the UK we have to provide proof of identity & residency to conduct financial transactions).

80% of the cost of the shares paid to them by bank transfer or "cheque"

Without the full context the 80% part could have other meanings but I think this is the most likely.
Carl

Anthony

Merged these two topics about shares (we can finally do that with the new forum!). :wink:

Alpop

Quote from: "Baloo"Merged these two topics about shares (we can finally do that with the new forum!). :wink:
A few topics ago, I suggested a topic forum or shares and financial info. Is this possible Baloo? It would possibly mean that the topic wouldn't be repeated.

Yankeesfan

Quote from: "CJNorth"Thanks for the reply AlanJT.

I sent an email to Caceis and received a reply and new form the same day which I faxed back, so things are back on course again.

Thanks

Have you heard anything since you faxed back your form as I was in the same situation as you in which they never recieved my instructions etc.  I emailed the new completed form to them.  They said after 3 days they would let me know cost etc so I could arrange a transfer but have heard nothing since 4th March even though I have emailed them.

CJNorth

Yes, about a week after I faxed the form I received a reply confirming the shares had been bought with a bill saying I should send payment by return.  I did this and then received confirmation of my ownership.

I would send them another email or fax a copy of your form.
Carl

Yankeesfan

Quote from: "CJNorth"Yes, about a week after I faxed the form I received a reply confirming the shares had been bought with a bill saying I should send payment by return.  I did this and then received confirmation of my ownership.

I would send them another email or fax a copy of your form.

Thanks for the reply, I emailed them on Friday & they have waived the cost for the xtra shares for me as there wasn't many to purchase.  So all i'm waiting for is my a new share certificate with the new total on. :D

jaspurr

Well following all the great advice from you all I bought my shares via the Halifax in the UK and all I have to do is send my contract note off via email or fax later this evening for my share membership card then book my trip at Halloween.

Have you found you get a quicker response via email or fax for your membership?
jaspurr

WDW         Florida      1989
Disneyland  California   1990
WDW         Florida      1992
Disneyland  Paris        1997
WDW         Florida      2001
WDW         Florida      2004
Disneyland  Paris        2005
Disneyland  Paris        2006
WDW         Florida      2007 Christmas
Disneyland  Paris        2008

[size=150]Let the Tour Continue[/size]