Auberge De Cendrillon

Started by michellemumof2xx, September 02, 2014, 09:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michellemumof2xx

Hi, I'm just wondering, who have you seen when dining here?? I have looked on youtube and seen Cinderella and Prince Charming, Suzy and Perla, and then alot of Snow White and a few of Ariel. Can anyone tell me when did you go? And who did you see? Do you see "rare" princessess like Tiana? Thanks
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

DisneyRon

I should be able to report in a week or two as I've scheduled a lunch there on Thursday September 16th. ;D

loulou169

Hi. I've ate here 3 times and have had, Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, Tiana and Snow White.  Not all at the same time but I'm guessing from other peoples post these are the main princesses. When I go again next year I'm definitely eating there again as it's such a gorgeous eating and the food is so nice. I can't recommend it enough! Maybe now that the Ana and Elsa will be going to the Pavillion maybe they'll bring out other princesses at Auberge! Now that would be brilliant x
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

michellemumof2xx

Oooh disneyron, that would be great! Hope you have a lovely time ;D and if you have any pics to share of it in there too when your back, I would be very grateful!!

Loulou169, sounds brill, I like to look if the food, and my 2 fussy girls will eat the burger, so I know they will be ok. Is it 6 characters at one sitting including suzy and perla? Do you have any pics of your visit? We plan to eat here in ou4 first day, pretty much as soon as we get our tickets, we will be bookinh it to make surenee get in! Only 167 to go!!

DisneyRon

Quote from: michellemumof2xx on September 02, 2014, 12:33:27 PM
Oooh disneyron, that would be great! Hope you have a lovely time ;D and if you have any pics to share of it in there too when your back, I would be very grateful!!

No problem, might even upload some pictures and comments on the day itself, I do have a tablet with me for internet. ;D

michellemumof2xx

Ah fab! I took mine with me, and put my camera sd card in it, then used wifi in HNY to share pics on facebook for my mum to see, and she shared some of our dog she was looking after! This time tho, she wil be with us, and I will he sharing pictures for my husband to see at home, as its me taking our daughters away with my mum. I will be looking  out for your pics and trip report, have a fab time   ;D

loulou169

[quote author=michellemumof2xx link=topic=17656.msg256529#msg256529 date=

Loulou169, sounds brill, I like to look if the food, and my 2 fussy girls will eat the burger, so I know they will be ok. Is it 6 characters at one sitting including suzy and perla? Do you have any pics of your visit? We plan to eat here in ou4 first day, pretty much as soon as we get our tickets, we will be bookinh it to make surenee get in! Only 167 to go!!
[/quote]

My eldest is very fussy too and only really enjoyed the dessert! When we first went she had the burger and when it came it was just the meat, no bun and cooked medium, so still pink. Let's just say she wasn't amused! I personally ate mine then he's!! It was so. Ice! Lol

I have a few pics from all the different time we went. Let me see if i can upload them. I always have trouble on this site. Everyone's so lucky to be going! We went only April gone but it feels like a lifetime away and I'm yet to book my next one as I'm waiting for better deals! X

DisneyRon

Never did a trip report or anything like that before, so I'm not promising anything just yet, but I will at least report back which princesses were present. ;D

Rapunzel1

Same here. Just the standard princesses like Aurora, snow white, perla, Suzie, prince Charming and cinderella. My daughter only liked the desert. I do not understand why they do not change the menu somewhat. And I do not mean chicken nuggets but at least make a burger children like. Or some fries with the food. It is a lot of money for just the desert.

Andybear

Quote from: Rapunzel1 on September 03, 2014, 02:44:26 PM
Same here. Just the standard princesses like Aurora, snow white, perla, Suzie, prince Charming and cinderella. My daughter only liked the desert. I do not understand why they do not change the menu somewhat. And I do not mean chicken nuggets but at least make a burger children like. Or some fries with the food. It is a lot of money for just the desert.

I've been wondering that too.  I'd like to go on my upcoming visit but I'm not going to pay all that money just for dessert.  I don't like ham or seafood and I'm allergic to mushrooms and cheese which doesn't leave me with much choice!  Perhaps they do it like that so they're not over-run with people going there.  Just out of interest how big is it, roughly how many people does it hold?

DisneyRon

Children unfortunately are often picky eaters, but it doesn't exactly look too bad on the kids menu, but I can see why some may not like the things on offer. The chicken fillet in mushroom sauce I assume would be the favourite for most, with the burger being a close second.

However I can understand why they didn't go too "generic" for the kids menu, this is one of the highest ranking restaurants in the parks for a reason, on the same tier as the California Grill as far as I'm aware. At least in terms of cost.

The Adult menu is a limited, but to me seems to offer a decent selection of choices, but I can see how a picky eater might have issues with what's on offer.

Personally, I look forward to tasting what's on offer, as most of it does read as quite delicious. :)

loulou169

I think people have to remember its a premium service and the food is definitely premium. It's like something you would get from the poshest London restaurant. The way they serve the food is gorgeous and the rib of lamb melts in your mouth! My kids had the chicken fillet with mushroom sauce and they absolutely loved it. The sauce came in a little dish so you could dip your chicken in so it's not mixed on the plate.

I really wouldn't go here if you do have picky eaters as you are paying a lot of money and you wouldn't be getting your money worth that's for sure!  I can't fault it as I'm pretty open minded when it comes to food and will try anything once. My youngest is like me but my eldest won't. But she did enjoy the food this time round!

michellemumof2xx

That's it, I have looked at the menu and they will eat something, so that's fine. Im booking it for the characters mainly, and I would love to see inside! I think it will be a fab start to our holiday. Thanks for your help everybody :)

loulou169

Quote from: michellemumof2xx on September 04, 2014, 11:09:23 AM
That's it, I have looked at the menu and they will eat something, so that's fine. Im booking it for the characters mainly, and I would love to see inside! I think it will be a fab start to our holiday. Thanks for your help everybody :)

Your gonna love it!! Inside is beautiful, have a look at the details around the altrove (I think that's what it's called!)  the details are lovely.

I forgot to add you all get a welcome cocktail each and I have to recommend the Glowtinis! Pricey but so worth it I had one there and at Walts!

michellemumof2xx

Oooh glowtini, sounds very nice...wats in it? Is that included in the price then? :) is it alcohol free or does ot have alcohol in??  ;D