Disney's Halloween Festival 2014

Started by jimtrim, August 21, 2014, 08:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimtrim

Hey all,,

Looks like Disney released press release of what we can expect at DLP Halloween this year , with the addition/ elaboration of the Disney villains posing in Castle Courtyard as has happened in the past......led by Malificent
http://www.disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/            - dragon hedge sounds nice disney quality touch:)

Also sounds like they're continuing harvest theme with Mickey/Minnie parade - I wasn't there last year - so does this replace the Magic Everywhere parade - or are we lucky and have both?
Let the halloween hype begin  :D,
Jim.

... drawing by day, dreaming by night, Disney fan all the time!:)
http://www.jimtrim.co.uk/

seraphelle

I was there last year and will be again this year: the Hallowe'en parade is as well as the Magic Everywhere one  :D

I am so excited!!!  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

jimtrim

Hey Seraphelle,

Well that's not bad!:) Does it happen immediately before (like the older halloween pre-parade with the horses and Jack SkellIngton) or at another time/ earlier in the afternoon?
Jim.

Mrsya

Let the Halloween hype begin indeed!!!!  ;D

Our first Disney Halloween in 62 sleeps! Not that I'm counting...

dazzle_v2003

The Halloween Harvest cavalcade is earlier on in the day and not just before Magic on Parade. If it is like last year it happens three times a day running from It's a Small World gate to Town Square and back again. The times were around lunchtime.

It's a great parade and I look forward to seeing the new additions to it this year.

I like the enhanced Castle Courtyard villain meet and greet and look forward to seeing the new Villain event on Central Plaza.

julesk

What sort of time where the parades last year? We are trying to decide on meal times and dont know where to start? Thanks

DisneyManiac

I think parades are around 4 or 5

julesk

Quote from: DisneyManiac on August 25, 2014, 06:57:00 PM
I think parades are around 4 or 5

Thank you so much for replying, thats a great help  ;D

vampira

This year will be my first Halloween visit, and I can't wait! Everything sounds amazing!  :D
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

PkerUNO

I'm interested in going to this year's Halloween event with some friends, but does anyone know how ticketing works? Can you just turn up or do you have to pre-purchase them?

RockNRoller

I've never been for Halloween, always go for Christmas, but it strikes me Disney do far more decorating for Halloween than Christmas. Maybe I need to change my travel plans.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

jimtrim

Quote from: RockNRoller on August 27, 2014, 12:08:22 PM
I've never been for Halloween, always go for Christmas, but it strikes me Disney do far more decorating for Halloween than Christmas. Maybe I need to change my travel plans.
I've never been at Christmas, so couldn't really say about Christmas - I know they have the tree and some additions in Fantasyland. Do they have snow on main street in DLP?
I've never really been that phased about seeing Santa in Disney, as I wouldn't really associate him as a Disney character in any way, but everybody loves the villains (which come to define so much a part of all the Disney movies through history, right from Snow White) In many ways they're just as much main characters as the heroes and usually more interesting!

Go on RocknRoller, take a trip to Disney during Halloween!;-).... you might just end up wanting to go during this season every time...

... just to get everyone in the mood:  :D    (including some footage that didn't make it to the movie)
http://andreasdeja.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/jafar-pencil-tests.html

CitrusZing

Quote from: PkerUNO on August 27, 2014, 11:40:12 AM
I'm interested in going to this year's Halloween event with some friends, but does anyone know how ticketing works? Can you just turn up or do you have to pre-purchase them?

You have to pre-book the Halloween Party tickets. My boyfriend and I have just booked ours. We have had our trip booked since April. We booked the hotel & Eurostar desperately not through DLP, so we just called the UK DLP booking number and asked to buy two Halloween Party tickets. As we are Dream Annual Pass holders, it cost £50 and they are posting them to us.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

PkerUNO

Quote from: CitrusZing on August 27, 2014, 02:37:42 PM
You have to pre-book the Halloween Party tickets. My boyfriend and I have just booked ours. We have had our trip booked since April. We booked the hotel & Eurostar desperately not through DLP, so we just called the UK DLP booking number and asked to buy two Halloween Party tickets. As we are Dream Annual Pass holders, it cost £50 and they are posting them to us.

Excellent, thanks!

EDIT: Is that £50 each or total for both of you?

CitrusZing

£50 for both of us, with the Dream Annual Pass discount.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).