CHARACTERS - EXTRA MAGIC HOURS

Started by msRavenswood, August 13, 2014, 08:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msRavenswood

From November 5th, there will be no Meet'n'Greets with Disney Characters at the Disney hotels anymore. But instead, you can meet your favorite Disney friends at the Disneyland Park during the Extra Magic Hours (only for Disney Hotel guests & Passeport Annuel)

The places to meet them are:
- Town Square Gazebo
- Entrance Emporium
- Fuel tank at Main Street Motors
- Coca Cola truck next to Walt's
- Central Plaza with Mickey & Minnie

(Source PixieDust.be)

littlebitofpixiedust

Ajiira

princessmya

Disneypluto

Thanks for the info....Much appreciated :)

tinian

Had anyone seen this already? Are there Disney photographers present? I want to know if I can use photopass + here.

carrydee44

well that will be handy to cut down on queues if you can see them in the extra magic hours...pity about the hotels though that was the perk of paying that premium
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015
Kyriad October 2015
Hi Park Serris December 2015
Sejours Et Affaires Rive Gauche Dec 2016

polar vixen

Lart week we only saw characters in two locations during early morning hours,  minnice and mockery under the tree and goofy and pLuton in duffys space,  sometimes there was only the one location and both had huge huge queues, much longer than you would have seen in the hotel,

Fluffymilly

The last 5 days there have only been characters in those 2 locations and always the same ones! Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto. Extremely long queues more than an hour, very poor! Not a brilliant way to spend the extra magic hours!

Esti

I can't believe they've taken Descent of the Stairs away so we can wake up at 6am and queue 1 hour or more to see Mickey in the freaking cold. Didn't they want to turn DLP into a luxury destination by 2015? Because it sounds more and more like an expensive joke.

IntoTheWoods

When we got there yesterday we were quiet early and met mickey & minnie right away when we got in and queued only 5 minutes for goofy & pluto - didn't even take 20 minutes in total to meet both of them. Given it was a quiet weekday and some more characters would have been nice. 

I think lots of regular park guests and guests from other hotels didn't even now the Descent of the Stairs was a thing, so now everyone can enjoy some characters in the park (provided they are early or queue for some time admittedly). Even so we who knew of the descent of the stairs and surely hotel guests who regularly used the M&G inside the hotels are a little crossed, I think its better to have some Characters in the Park than to hide them away in the hotels.

And to have everybody queue for the Princess Pavillion and the EMH Characters while you enjoy a Park far less crowded is a nice plus.
Where nothing's clear.
Where witches, ghosts and wolves appear

Rapunzel1

The only reason for us to pick a Disney hotel was for the characters at breakfast time. My children are shy and never have a chance at the characters in the park.

Also EMH is not that interesting. Only a few attractions are open so it is only nice for one day or so. Why would I go to the park a few days early? Just to see characters we have seen so many times before and wait an hour to see them?  At least in the hotels there were special characters occasionally. We have seen Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip'n Dale, Pluto etc. so many times.

DLP should go to Florida and check the characters over there. We saw so many characters there and the lines were never long. My daughter saw several princesses and got many, many autographs. And you could check the photographs once you got home on your own computer and order them.