Toy Story Mania coming? (rumour)

Started by *TIMMIE*, July 14, 2014, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*TIMMIE*

According to DisneyCentralPlaza not only ST2 is finally heading for Disneyland Paris, but also the Toy Story Mania will be heading for WDS. Both contracts have been signed.

Source:  http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard.net/t43700p140-futurs-developpements-2015-2022-rumeurs-diverses via Endorexpress

Rocketeer

Great news. They better get the shovels out quick - times ticking for the 25th.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

itslizi

Toy Story Mania, tell me more.

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: itslizi on July 14, 2014, 03:16:42 PM
Toy Story Mania, tell me more.

if its the same as whats in Disneyland California, then its brilliant.

Its a 3D shooting game similar to Buzz.. The cars have 4 people, 2 people back to back. Like in Buzz the cars spin 360 degrees. As its 3D you the targets you shoot are on screens. To shoot you pull the string in the gun, not like in Buzz where you pull a trigger.

****SPOILER ALERT****
This a video from Disneyland California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2Ah7Sc6j4
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Rocketeer

It'll be a great addition to the park.

I know its early days.. but how many languages will Mr. Potato Head speak?  ;D I guess he'll do the same amount as Buzz in the Laser Blast queue.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

geno85

Best news I've had all day    :D

*TIMMIE*

@Geno: that reply would have been better if it said "best day everrr"

captain rocket

Let's  remember it's just a rumour at this point! However....... Animagique rumoured to close next year, about two years to build this sort of attraction.... 25th anniversary in 2017. Would all fit would'nt  it?

*TIMMIE*

Yes it would. The rumours are getting stronger, and something appears to be happening. Whether it is a whole package deal or another Toon Studio/ToT like injection, it is a big step forward. But if you take in account Star Tours should be in the package too, and there is a serious chance Paris gets Space Mountain de la terre a la lune back (with new effects and new trains) there is much going on. It seems WDC is willing to give Paris the Disney quality back.

Don't forget Euro Disney played it hard to the WDC. They made the scenario they could not invest in new rides with the current resources until 2017. This was only at the beginning of the year. I think they have been working things out in between, and it is now taking shape. They can not wait much longer. They must increase investments in rehabs as it is needed badly. They can not wait with Star Wars as it is getting to old, Ratatouille is a success, the capacity of the WDS is bad, they want more Marvel, and the 25th anniversary is getting close. It all seems to fit with the rumors.

macca1476

Quote from: Rocketeer on July 14, 2014, 03:13:24 PM
Great news. They better get the shovels out quick - times ticking for the 25th.

very similar to what i was thinking :)

Rocketeer

And not only is it the 25th in '17 but also WDS' 15th anniversary. A great excuse for them to add more to the park.

Kristof

There's an old master plan that showed Toy Story Mania where now TSPL is located. So it has always been intended to go to WDS.

Joyce_Disney

My god this would be awsome!

Now bring me Soarin' and I'll be happy for quite some time.
And maybe some sort of dark ride in Disneyland Park. And a water attraction, that too. ::)
13-15 November 2016 Christmas time in Disneyland Paris

guest8408

A&S&O

Quote from: Joyce on July 22, 2014, 04:52:26 PM
My god this would be awsome!

Now bring me Soarin' and I'll be happy for quite some time.
And maybe some sort of dark ride in Disneyland Park. And a water attraction, that too. ::)

Would you have Soarin' with a French / European film, or the traditional California one?

What sort of water attraction? One that gets you wet (not many times in the year you'd want to be wet in Paris!)?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?