Half Board Meal Plan: I've got so many questions, what's your advice.

Started by itslizi, June 30, 2014, 06:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itslizi

So, I haven't ever used any Meal Plans before on my previous trips to Disneyland Paris, but as Disney have given a Free Half Board Meal Plan as a promotion I would be stupid to not use it.

The only problem is, I have questions I feel need answering before my visit so I can eliminate nervousness due the unknown.

Whilst I've already established some information concerning Disney's Half Board Meal Plan's such as one meal per person, per night. However, as I will be staying at Disney's Sequoia Lodge, am I right to assume I will be receiving the "Half-Board Meal Plan - Plus".

I've also looked at some of the menu's so that I know what restaurants listed sell food in which I like, as I am known to be slightly picky with food and whilst some menu's have a section with the food available for those with Half Board Meal Plan's other don't. So, does this mean you're able to have the set menus which include a starter, a main course, a dessert and a soft drink.

What's the deal with exchanging the vouchers for their face value and what is their face value as I've never come across one of these vouchers before. If the face value varies what is the price range they usually sit in.

Furthermore, is there an additional voucher that entitles you to a drink or snack or have I got confused.

That's all for now, but any experience, advice or places that shouldn't be missed with using Half Board Meal Plan would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Lizi

Mrsya

I was confused too as it was our first time visiting and so our first time using meal vouchers. Worry not though, it is the most stress free way to eat. You can use the vouchers as you please in the restaurants stated on the vouchers AND in any of the other on site restaurants at their value. I'm not entirely sure what the value is (it's on the disney website somewhere) but is around €24 per adult and €11 per child. In buffet restaurants its all you can eat and sometimes includes a soft drink just swapped for your voucher at the door, no extra charges. In table service restaurants there is normally a set menu with a starter, main and desert plus a drink. You normally hand in the voucher before you're even seated so always get the correct menu for your plan. In cheaper restaurants e.g. Lucky nugget, they'll let you know that your vouchers have a greater value than the meal but you won't ever receive any change or be able to use one voucher for two meals etc. it's one meal, one voucher for one person.

The additional drink and snack you talk about it the pause Gaumand voucher that can be used between 3pm and 7pm at the cafe type eateries and snack shops on Main Street etc. It is normally a cold drink or hot drink plus a muffin, Choc cake or ice cream per person.

Your vouchers are dated for use between your first day and your last day but you could use them in any combination. We had Mcd tea one night and so used two sets of vouchers the following day for lunch and tea. You could use a pause Gaumand at 3pm and another at 6:30pm if you needed to.

Our top meals (with standard vouchers) were plaza gardens (for the food NOT the service), agrabah, cafe Mickey. We also enjoyed lucky nugget but only used vouchers here as they were included free with our holiday. It wouldn't be good value to use plus vouchers here if you've paid for them. Enjoy. Have fun!

polar vixen

Also good to know, it's worth checking around before you get your pause gourmande, drinks are pretty much the same everywhere, but the shop on main street offers muffins or brioche, hyperion offers mini mickey cakes or magnums, fuere (SP?) del torro do churros (YUMMY!), (although the queue here had 12 people and it took an hour 40mins to get served!) , so it is worth checking around a little if you fancy a change from a muffin x

itslizi

Quote from: Mrsya on June 30, 2014, 09:38:40 PM
I was confused too as it was our first time visiting and so our first time using meal vouchers. Worry not though, it is the most stress free way to eat. You can use the vouchers as you please in the restaurants stated on the vouchers AND in any of the other on site restaurants at their value. I'm not entirely sure what the value is (it's on the disney website somewhere) but is around €24 per adult and €11 per child. In buffet restaurants its all you can eat and sometimes includes a soft drink just swapped for your voucher at the door, no extra charges. In table service restaurants there is normally a set menu with a starter, main and desert plus a drink. You normally hand in the voucher before you're even seated so always get the correct menu for your plan. In cheaper restaurants e.g. Lucky nugget, they'll let you know that your vouchers have a greater value than the meal but you won't ever receive any change or be able to use one voucher for two meals etc. it's one meal, one voucher for one person.

The additional drink and snack you talk about it the pause Gaumand voucher that can be used between 3pm and 7pm at the cafe type eateries and snack shops on Main Street etc. It is normally a cold drink or hot drink plus a muffin, Choc cake or ice cream per person.

Your vouchers are dated for use between your first day and your last day but you could use them in any combination. We had Mcd tea one night and so used two sets of vouchers the following day for lunch and tea. You could use a pause Gaumand at 3pm and another at 6:30pm if you needed to.

Our top meals (with standard vouchers) were plaza gardens (for the food NOT the service), agrabah, cafe Mickey. We also enjoyed lucky nugget but only used vouchers here as they were included free with our holiday. It wouldn't be good value to use plus vouchers here if you've paid for them. Enjoy. Have fun!

Thank you, reading this has definitely put my mind at ease. I always worry about the unknown so like to know as much information as I can. On my last visit, we paid for our own food and we used restaurants that didn't even except vouchers (McDonalds, Planet Hollywood, The Rainforest Cafe) and whilst I am excited to be experiencing new restaurants I didn't have knowledge as to how vouchers are used. The Pause Gaumand voucher is something I'l like to take advantage of, even if I get then save my muffin and cold drink for when I get back to the hotel in the evening as that's often when I need something most.

itslizi

Quote from: polar vixen on June 30, 2014, 09:56:28 PM
Also good to know, it's worth checking around before you get your pause gourmande, drinks are pretty much the same everywhere, but the shop on main street offers muffins or brioche, hyperion offers mini mickey cakes or magnums, fuere (SP?) del torro do churros (YUMMY!), (although the queue here had 12 people and it took an hour 40mins to get served!) , so it is worth checking around a little if you fancy a change from a muffin x

That's definitely something I should consider, whilst I feel I would be happy to have a muffin for the evenings I am there, if the day has been hot, I can't say no to a magnum.

Fuere... Del Torro Do Churros... please enlighten me, I have no idea what these are.

Where are all the places you can redeem these vouchers from, could they be redeemed at Kiosk near the The Mad Hatters Tea Cups. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, however whilst searching for the name I came across all the food shops along Main Street USA that I didn't know existed. Whilst I've discovers the gift shop along Main Street USA, I have somehow completely missed the food.

msRavenswood

Quote from: itslizi on July 01, 2014, 12:56:13 PM

Fuere... Del Torro Do Churros... please enlighten me, I have no idea what these are.

It's the Fuente del Oro restaurant opposite Big Thunder Mountain. It serves Mexican food and one of the desserts you can get there is Churros.

msRavenswood

Quote from: itslizi on July 01, 2014, 12:56:13 PM

Where are all the places you can redeem these vouchers from, could they be redeemed at Kiosk near the The Mad Hatters Tea Cups. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, however whilst searching for the name I came across all the food shops along Main Street USA that I didn't know existed. Whilst I've discovers the gift shop along Main Street USA, I have somehow completely missed the food.

These are some of the locations confirmed by other visitors where you can exchange your Pause Gourmade vouchers:

Casey's Corner - Brownie, donut

Cable car bakeshop - Cookie, brioche

Bella Notte - Magnum ice cream bar

Cafe Hyperion - Brownie, Magnum ice cream, Double Mickey cakes, dispensed fizzy drinks

Market House Deli - Muffin, bottles of water

Cookie Kitchen - Bottled cold drinks/hot drinks with chocolate/lemon/blueberry muffin or a brioche.

Blockbuster Cafe - Chocolate cake, double Mickey cakes, bottles of fizzy drink

I've read somewhere that the vouchers can only be used at counter service restaurants and that outdoor stands don't accept them, not sure if it's true though.

itslizi

Quote from: msRavenswood on July 01, 2014, 01:11:22 PM

It's the Fuente del Oro restaurant opposite Big Thunder Mountain. It serves Mexican food and one of the desserts you can get there is Churros.

Oh, that makes sense. I've never been adventurous with food so have never consumed Churros, I've always stuck with what I know. What would you compare the taste of Churros too, I may be tempted to try it for the first time ever.

itslizi

Quote from: msRavenswood on July 01, 2014, 01:15:49 PM

These are some of the locations confirmed by other visitors where you can exchange your Pause Gourmade vouchers:

Casey's Corner - Brownie, donut

Cable car bakeshop - Cookie, brioche

Bella Notte - Magnum ice cream bar

Cafe Hyperion - Brownie, Magnum ice cream, Double Mickey cakes, dispensed fizzy drinks

Market House Deli - Muffin, bottles of water

Cookie Kitchen - Bottled cold drinks/hot drinks with chocolate/lemon/blueberry muffin or a brioche.

Blockbuster Cafe - Chocolate cake, double Mickey cakes, bottles of fizzy drink

I've read somewhere that the vouchers can only be used at counter service restaurants and that outdoor stands don't accept them, not sure if it's true though.

Thank you, that's information that can be of help as I would always like to know where I can go and what is available to me.

msRavenswood

Quote from: itslizi on July 01, 2014, 01:39:54 PM
I've never been adventurous with food so have never consumed Churros, I've always stuck with what I know. What would you compare the taste of Churros too, I may be tempted to try it for the first time ever.

I have never tasted Churros, but I think it's something like a doughnut.

Mrsya

If you're wanting to save drinks for later then check before purchasing as some places give cold drinks in cups with lid and straw (cafe Hyperion, hakuna matata) while others sell bottles of coke, water, orange juice. Cable car bake house is one of these.

daddyof2

LOL I was looking at restaurants the other day and realised we missed out on churros by not visiting Fuente Del Oro

itslizi

Quote from: Mrsya on July 01, 2014, 11:38:21 PM
If you're wanting to save drinks for later then check before purchasing as some places give cold drinks in cups with lid and straw (cafe Hyperion, hakuna matata) while others sell bottles of coke, water, orange juice. Cable car bake house is one of these.

Thanks, you make a valid point.

I am a little put off going to Cafe Hyperion to redeem these vouchers as the queues are crazy which is something experienced and wouldn't want to experience again.

I think I will happily settle for the food that is offered in the shops along Main Street USA so I will have to make sure the shop I am in serves bottles of drinks, as I am sure I would be able to figure that out when I'm there.