favorite restaurant

Started by Solle, June 17, 2014, 09:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solle

What is your favorite restaurant / eatery in Disneyland Paris? and why?
My trip:
July 2003
September 2011
July 2017

Mileto

I love Garden Plaza (buffet, great choice, nice decoration), Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost (good pizza, very nice old style jungle decoration, I feel like in a movie), Hakuna Matata, Toad Hall, Au Chalet de la Marionette, Pizzeria Bella Note.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Mrsya

Cafe Mickey - without it we would only have met one character!

Fav restaurant never been to - blue lagoon. Absolutely dying to try it but not convinced by the menu...

daddyof2

Not bothered about Plaza Gardens, and not sure I could eat in The Blue Lagoon (too dimly lit). Café Mickey IS good, but will stick with my 2002 vote of Walt's. I need to go back again to make sure though...

gemma2806

For us it's a tough choice between Walt's and Planet Hollywood. Both have excellent food that all the family has enjoyed. I prefer the setting of Walt's though. Going completely away from these two though and The Lucky Nugget does the best ribs in the whole resort!  :D

never2old

Probably Blue Lagoon for me, I love the atmosphere there, and the food is always very tasty.

Though now that I have a daughter, and that she's totally mad on Disney (just like her mom  ;) ), Inventions would probably be my number one choice (budget aside), great food selection, beautiful setting, and lots of characters!

The one we go to most though is Agrabah, again very tasty food and love the theming there. We've never had a bad meal there!!

vampira

For me, it is the Blue Lagoon! I loved the atmosphere and the food! Won't be going again soon though, it's a little too expensive.
Another favorite is the Agrabah café. The place looks great, I like the food and(as a belly dancer) I love the music.  ;D

Next time I'm going to try Plaza Gardens. I heard a lot of good things about it, so we'll see!
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

Andybear

Cowboy Cookout Barbecue - delicious, filling food, great atmosphere, it doesn't break the bank - and it's close to Big Thunder Mountain!

itslizi

On my last visit to Disneyland Paris, as I never speak of the first, I didn't experience any restaurants from within the parks as we opted for Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood as they didn't have queues and I knew they were open, both of which I enjoyed.

In Rainforest Cafe I opted for a starter of Chicken Wings and  was amazed with the portion size as in England I would order a starter of which is some variation of chicken and you get three strips of chicken, that wasn't the case at Rainforest Cafe. I was served a bucket of chicken wings along with cucumber and carrot sticks which is about the only salad I eat which was lucky. I enjoyed to atmosphere with the Elephant not too far away and in the middle of our meal there was a thunder storm.

In Planet Hollywood I had a burger with mushrooms and cheese and it still remains my favourite burger I've ever consumed and the fries were beautiful too. It was a lovely place to eat and you spend the majority of your time looking around the restaurant at the props and costumes that were framed to see if you've ever watched the film they appeared in.

WiteHypno

It's been a good 8 or 9 years since I last went, as a child haha, so my tastes may be different when I go again this September.

However, the previous times I've been Pizza Planet was always a must, I know the food isn't anything special and it seems like it's been neglected over recent years, but I've always loved the themeing as the Toy Story films are some of my favourites and previous times I've been to the parks there hasn't been as much Pixar stuff.

I also really remember enjoying Walt's last time, as we had a table by the window and watched the parade go by, I might try it again in September but it all depends on budget as this time I don't have my parents paying for me, haha.

We also ate at various buffet restaurants available at the hotels last time as well, which I enjoyed because, well you can take what you want and as much as you want, which for a somewhat fussy child was a good option, heh.  :D

I'll probably go for buffet restaurants again in September just not sure which though (well I know that we won't be going for character buffets/meals, they're out of our (me and my sis) price range!)

MinnieMum

It was 2012 when I last went but my favourite meal was in Rainforest Cafe. It was great. I also enjoyed Annette's. My least favourite was the food in Cafe Mickey. We didn't go to any buffets but we are going to next time as we will have a meal plan.

We ate in the Earl of Sandwich before leaving on our last day and my husband suggested we eat there everyday next time as we both loved it!

SGregory27

We love King Ludwig, I love their Half chicken, chips and gravy and also happy hour  ;)
also love Planet Hollywood, it was the only place the kids ate all their food. I always have Chicken Wing starter which is enough for me.
We tried the Hunters Grill for the 1st time this year and feel in love with it.

The only place we won't be going back to is The Steakhouse. We use to love it, but over the years the steaks have been getting worse. I don't think it helped last year one of the waiters hit me on the back of my head with a tray as they rushed passed, leaving me in tears, the waiter did come back to say sorry and went to tell manger who just shrugged. Not impressed :'(

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

Sprinkleofemma

Rasta Pasta used to be my favourite meal to eat in Rainforest but since becoming celiac, Planet Hollywood do amazing chicken salads! It's all an amazing atmosphere!

MinnieMum

It was going to ask a similar question, we've just booked our next trip with half board plus meal plan and I'm really excited about trying some new places,  last time we ate at Casey's, rainforest cafe, Annette's and cafe mickey,

I was thinking of trying a table service restaurant, is Walts suitable for children?

daddyof2

How old are your children minniemum? We decided that it probably wouldn't be any good for our 3 and 2 year olds. How about The Silver Spur Steakhouse? Their menu sounds yummy. I know it's not table service but the Mickey pizzas in Colonel Hathi's went down well - Pizzeria Bella Notte has the same menu I think