Yet another Half Board Plan question, sorry.

Started by gingajen, June 15, 2014, 10:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingajen

I have searched through the forum, but can't quite find what I'm looking for. We are staying 4 night/5 days next February half term in the Disneyland Hotel. This trip is for my 30th Birthday  ;D  and where we normally stay in Santa Fe or the Cheyenne, which we loved by the way, and stick to the budget restaurants or counter service options,  we are considering paying for a half board option and trying out the higher end places.
We are torn between Half Board Plus and Half Board Premium. Can anyone give me any idea of the Pros and Cons of either one, or both if you are lucky enough to have tried both  :)
Our kids are fussy ish eaters and although there are plenty of options for me and my husband in places like Auberge or the Blue Lagoon, I'm not sure we'd get our moneys worth with the kids in these places. But we 100% want to do Buffalo Bills again and Inventions, which are both included in the Premium option. We also want to go to Walts.
According to the Disneyland Paris website E-Brochure, the Premium option would allow us to go A La Carte. Does this mean we could literally choose anything on the menu? Or is there some small print somewhere?
Thank you in advance for any advice you could offer me.

Mileto

A La Carte means starter, main dish and dessert. You can choose from the menu but not everything at once. I always find a la carte a little bit limiting, when you are with children.
Buffet is where you can take from everything as much as you want.
The ofiicial Disney brochure is very useful and explains all the benefits from both - plus and premium.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

daddyof2

My personal experience is that we didn't get the vouchers, and kind of went with the flow. However, my children are/were 3 and a half and nearly 2 so this could be very different from your situation. We ate in Rainforest Café and Café Mickey at the more expensive end, plus Colonel Hathi's and Hakuna Matata at the cheaper end, and all of these went down well with the kids. Personally I don't think you get a good value for money ratio with children at places like Walt's (hence we didn't go there). There is nothing to stop you choosing to go to the "higher end" if you were going to go without vouchers of course, and this gives you complete freedom but potentially costing a bit more. The only concrete advice I can give is that if you REALLY want to eat somewhere then book ahead - so you might need to get a rough day by day plan together by the end of the year