Scrapbooking ideas

Started by guest8408, July 05, 2014, 03:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest8408

Ok, so I wasn't sure whether to put this in here or in the Inventions section. But I put it here because (in a sense) this is me planning for my trip :D

I'm going to DLP for a special birthday and I want to make a scrapbook of my time there. I'm going to include lots of photos in it but also:
- tickets
- receipts (from stores/eating)
- park maps
Bit of a daft question but does anyone have any ideas of other stuff that I should look out for to put in my scrapbook? Or just any other general scrapbooking advice? I've never done one before :)

Discovery_Mountain

Maybe get a couple of fast passes (if you don't use them that is) or get a few before you're about to go of your favourite rides. Iv got some from Space Mountain and Big Thunder just to keep.

Could buy a few Pins maybe, if your staying onsite you'll have your Disney Hotel Pass, or even keep your hotel key (just say you left it in your room when checking out maybe)

I think some people have managed to find leaves from La Cabane des Robinson after its been windy that would be cool.

Just a few ideas.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

guest8408

Ahh, I completely forgot about getting fast passes :) I'm not staying in a Disney Hotel, but thank you for the tips :)

DisneyManiac

Maybe ride photos, they can bring back memories.

Andybear

I've scrapbooked many holidays over the years and love doing it.  Another obvious thing to put in it is postcards.  Also jot down a few notes of what you did each day, how you felt etc and put those notes with the relevant sections.

pialykke

If you go to see the Disney Junior show at the Studios, they have lovely shiny leaves falling from the ceiling. We have some from both our trips, that our two boys have picked up. They are safely stored in our autograph books.  :)
Autographs from the characters as well - if you are planning on getting any...
Other than that, your entry tickets to the parks - obvious enough...
Im sure you'll find lots of things to put in once you're there. Difficult to think of right now though.
Hope you have a great time!

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Gemma W

Hi I am currently half way through scrapbooking my DLP trip and just wanted to tell you about the fab papers/ embellishments that I found. I am using a range from Simple stories called 'Say cheese' its fab and all totally coordinated for a fab Disney album. I am using one of their albums too with lots of little pockets (its based on project life) and it has been fab for adding all the ticket stubs, receipts, maps, postcards that I collected along with all the photos and journaling I have done! xx

daddyof2

My wife is a bit of a crafter, and she says to take a look on http://www.scrappingthemagic.co.uk/ which has tips, ideas, papers, etc. for scrapbooking. Also, she says to be mindful that ticket stubs, photos and so on will fade without being treated beforehand.

Sulley's Arms

If you take a park tour, you'll receive an exclusive Pin at the end, which would give you some great Mr Ben type memories ;-) .

If you dine at a park restaurant you might be able to acquire some Disney related stuff (Mickey spoon / straw, etc.?).

How about 2-3 small photos of Hidden Mickeys?  A couple of difficult to spot ones might be fun to remember.

Also a popcorn box!  Every time I stumble across a saved one we have, I can smell those pocorn stands! nom nom...
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

MinnieMum

Hi,

I am an amateur scrapbooker, someone already scrapping the magic, they are probably the best supplier of Disney papers and add ons. It's also worth looking on ebay, Americans are much more into scrapbooking then we are so you can sometimes pick up some WDW stuff that you can use for your scrapbook such as stickers, labels, boarders etc that will make your pages more interesting.

Also look on pintrest, there are loads of disney scrapbook photos on there.

When we saw the playhouse disney show I saved some of the foil leaves that fell from the ceiling. I also kept some part tickets, a map, the schedule for while we were there and the hotel information (we were in the Cheyenne so we got a western style map)

When you are taking photos make sure you get some of your children's faces watching the parades. Also things like the chesire cat in the maze and the flower mickey all make good photos as well as signs.
Also try and zoom in on what you are actually taking a photo of rather then getting loads of scenery in around the edge. On rides where you can split your family into separate cars (Dumbo, orbitron etc) get photos of the car in front or behind during the ride. We took two cameras and this worked well.

Hope that all makes sense and enjoy capturing your memories xx

ilovedisneylandparis

These guys have had some great suggestions! I tend to scrap when we get back from a trip, as we pick up so many bits and bobs along the way. I'd just suggest keeping everything scrappable, even if you're not sure at the time - I've used old Disney Haribo wrappers, paper coasters from the hotel, empty packets of sugar with 'Disneyland Paris' on them, tags from merchandise, the Annette's/Rainforest Cafe bill holders, pin packaging, those little plastic hippos that come in the burgers (washed of course! ;)), park tickets, and so on. Good luck  :D

guest8408

Thank you all SO much for all your fabulous ideas! I know it'll be a special way to remember my trip/ Birthday :D
The leaves sound a fabulous idea, although I'm not sure if I'll have time to see the Disney Junior show (I'm actually only in DLP for one day) especially as I don't have children :')

DisneyMichelle

This is a great idea!

I may have to do this myself on the next visit.
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)