value of food vouchers

Started by michellemumof2xx, June 06, 2014, 11:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michellemumof2xx

Hi,

Last time we went, we had to half board premium vouchers. Up to now, I haven't arranged food for our next trip but I'm just wondering what the value of : Half board standard? and half board plus?

Also, say we wanted to eat at Auberge (we didn't get time to last time) can we still use the voucher and pay the difference on top of what either standard or plus vouchers are worth?

I'm thinking about going to Auberge on the day we arrive around 2pm so we can check in, take our time strolling around as it's my mums first visit and our second, and get in the park! Annette's one of the days, Cafe Mickey another, Plaza Gardens another and maybe Invention's too.

Do you think it's worth getting the plus vouchers? As I said before, when we went on Feb, we had premium and just didn't enjoy the set menu's and it was a total waste of our money. We would of been better with a lower value voucher instead, and now I'm looking at food again and thinking it may be worth doing. We are going again in Feb 2015 and thought about just filling up at breakfast and having and early tea at say 4pm from a counter or plaza gardens, but it will be cold so we will need somewhere warm to sit and eat, and fill up!!

Also, if we went to cafe mickey but only wanted 2 pizza's to share between 4 of us, is this possible? (2adults,2children and paying cash)

I can't work out what to do!! I know i still have plenty of time to sort it, but it's at the back of my mind all the time. Auberge is essential to meet princesses, that it something we regretted not doing last time. The rest aren't overly expensive though if we can use the face value and add a few extra euro's on the night.

Any help is much appreciated...thanks, Michelle  :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

sue81

Hi - we are going Feb 2015 too  ;)  and going for 4 nights.

Personally i couldn't find the value in having the plus or premium vouchers. My son will be just under 3 so we wouldn't have needed to buy vouchers for him.
I looked at the plus option and then worked out what it would have cost us plus the amount we would have to pay for my sons meals we would have saved about 5 euros (we want to eat at plaza, restaurant des stars, cafe mickey)
We decided our best option was to go for the standard option and eat in the buffets as my son would then be able to eat for free  ;D .
We are going to eat at Plaza Gardens, Restaurant des Stars, La Grange and Annettes. We have booked a character breakfast and cafe mickey for one of the mornings. We will then have other meals at counter service or places like earl of sandwich.
You can use your vouchers as payment towards meals - so if you wanted to eat at Auberge you can put your vouchers towards it.

michellemumof2xx

Ah that's great, thank you! What date do you go? :D We are there for 4 nights starting Tuesday 17th Feb.

I've spent about 1 hour this morning working out where we want to eat, and then the cost per adult and then per child. Then I worked out if I bought the vouchers, the plus ones i think it will be as we want to eat at Inventions for lunch one day, and cafe mickey, plaza gardens as well as auberge and it works out approx £110 cheaper (for 4 of us) to buy them before we go, than to paying full on the day,so I think that's what we'll do.

We want to have some counter meals, or Annettes - it will be better to pay cash. It also helps with the spends if you know that most of your food is covered and you just need to add a bit more on top for the premium restaurants. Think I will be off to the travel agents in the morning  :)

Michelle

sue81

We are going 11th to 15th - sooooo blooming excited and can't wait to take my little boy back to the mouse  ;D
Thats why I wanted to do some sort of dining plan as you know that a chunk of the food cost is covered and then most the spends are for us  ;D

LotsoHugginBear

If you have lunch at Inventions don't forget that the characters won't be there!  They are only there in the evening and sundays for brunch.

At Cafe Mickey you can share your pizza with your children.

I would stay away from that vouchers and pay cash, so you can decide what you really want to eat and do not have to take the menu to make the most out of your money - just my opinion.

michellemumof2xx

Hi,

Yep, we know there are now characters but thought it would be nice to eat there again, its a lovely setting with great food. As we will be eating at auberge and cafe mickey, we arent too fussed on meeting any in there. Last time, the characters we ae with were pretty much the same as the decent of the stairs so we met them twice!

Im still unsure on the vouchers, my mum is coming with me and my girls so I will need to speak to her and see what she thinks  :)

Thats great if we can share pizza at cafe mickey. What time is pizza and main menu served? Say we waned to go at 1.30pm-would we meet characters?

Thanks for your help  :D