tea time treat voucher

Started by polar vixen, May 27, 2014, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

Looking for anyone with experience in this please.....I understand the tea time treat includes things which are pretty much bulk items, little mickey cakes etc, however myself and 2 of my kids are gluten and milk free.  The milk we can cheat on a little ( by little I mean maybe a cake containging it, but can't get away with anything like ice cream etc) but gluten definitely has to be avoided, don't want to spend my Disney holiday in hospital.  Is there anything we'll be able to to have?  I tried calling today to ask, but they couldn't answer for me, and I really don't want to end up being given the horrible little packs of biscuits that they have.
Thanks in advance!`

Mrsya

polar vixen

Thanks Mrsya, nothing about teatime treat, but very useful for meals!

Thank you!

Mileto

I think there is nothing gluten free you can find during these tea time hours.  :-\

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

polar vixen

I sense me trying to fight my cause think it's a shame to have a voucher for something I can't eat.  Does anyone know if there's someone at dlp I can speak to about this? 
Edit:- When I asked about someone to speak to, I didn't mean to complain, I meant to see if I can find out directly if it's possible given circumstances to use at face value, or to trade for something like a merangue or marshmallow or something that would be suitable

laylanmummyluvdisney

The pause gourmande vouchers are given free even if you paid for your half/full board and you can still have the FREE  drink I don't understand this culture of complaint about everything especially is it was free
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

polar vixen

As far as I understood the vouchers aren't free, they are included in the cost of the dining plan, don't see why I should have to go short or can't have something of equal value in it's place.

LotsoHugginBear

The tea time vouchers were added to the offer without putting prices up - so it's for free!

I guess it won't be possibel to use this voucher in an other way. You can get a drink of course. But most of the restaurants which take part in the tea time do not offer any other treats - maybe a muffin and a beignet or something like this. Some offer fruit, maybe this is an option - but I don't know if it works.

polar vixen

Hadn't thought of a fruit option sure I saw fruit pots somewhere last time we were there, thanks for that idea!

stecal

Hi sorry cant help with your question but does anyone know what times the vouchers have to used or can you just use them anytime throughout the day?

sue81

Quote from: stecal on May 30, 2014, 12:42:11 PM
Hi sorry cant help with your question but does anyone know what times the vouchers have to used or can you just use them anytime throughout the day?

i think its between 3pm & 7pm

stecal

Quote from: suebo on May 30, 2014, 01:09:00 PM
Quote from: stecal on May 30, 2014, 12:42:11 PM

i think its between 3pm & 7pm

thanks

hawian rollercoaster

Can they be used for hot and cold drinks ?

amanda08

Hot and cold - I highly reccomend a Disney hot chocolate during winter :-D

hawian rollercoaster

Defo with regards to cold drinks is it the bottles you get im hoping so that way you can save them for later ?