Pirates of the Carribean

Started by kirstyf, April 13, 2014, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirstyf

Hi this will be our second trip to Disney with 2 daughters (age 5 and 3). When we went last year we didn't go on Pirates as we thought it might be a bit scary or fast for our daughters. They went on Pinocchio, Snow White, Phantom Manor and were fine, but I just wondered what people's thoughts were on Pirates. Thanks xx

captain rocket

I would think it would be ideal! It is basically a water ride which is fairly gentle. It might help if you warn them in advance that there are two drops (You rise up on a lift hill a short while after the beginning) there is nothing frightening or unexpected during the ride, it is just good fun! I would be amazed if it does'nt become one of their favourites, it certainly is one of mine!

spacemountainplatypi

Pirates is a stellar example of an attraction, the theming is superb and the ambience is incredible. Considering phantom manor has skeletons and zombie-ish characters  :P pirates is much less scary in the scene with the skeletons. The only problem may be the waterfall, because it does come as some surprise the first time, but they're extremely smooth and extremely fun. Hope this was helpful :)
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

moonloo

Hi! Im not sure about the 3 year old, but it was my five year olds first time this trip (2 weeks ago) and she really loved it (more than I did!)
I'd agree with the advice to warn them first about the drops, and I also reminded them each time by saying here comes the water fall!

Have fun, hope they love it!!!

Slimy yet satisfying

If your kids liked Phantom Manor then Pirates will be great fun for them. No ghosties just a few skellingtons...not of the Jack variety! Our absolute favourite ride.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Samninetysix

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on April 14, 2014, 08:14:31 PM
If your kids liked Phantom Manor then Pirates will be great fun for them. No ghosties just a few skellingtons...not of the Jack variety! Our absolute favourite ride.

Not yet that is.
He will be added to the ride.
The animatronic is already at Disneyland Paris.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

kirstyf

Thanks for all your replies, it sounds great! Can't wait!

PrincessEnya

Quote from: DLRPWonders on April 14, 2014, 09:04:14 PM
Not yet that is.
He will be added to the ride.
The animatronic is already at Disneyland Paris.

Really?! Since when? What? How? I'm probably the only person who would like to see Captain Jack in our POTC.  :P
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: PrincessEnya on April 15, 2014, 09:31:47 AM
Really?! Since when? What? How? I'm probably the only person who would like to see Captain Jack in our POTC.  :P

Can't give you any details, but the animatronic is there.
It'll probably be next year though, contracts have not been signed yet.

I'm not looking forward to it.
I'm absolutely obsessed with anything pirates (pretty much convinced I was a pirate in my previous life), and I LOVE the films. But the appeal of the ride is the authencity. Plus POTC meant só much to Walt, I hate that they ruin it.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

PrincessEnya

Quote from: DLRPWonders on April 15, 2014, 10:21:34 AM

I'm absolutely obsessed with anything pirates (pretty much convinced I was a pirate in my previous life), and I LOVE the films. But the appeal of the ride is the authencity. Plus POTC meant só much to Walt, I hate that they ruin it.

I totally see where you are coming from. But at the same time Walt was all about constantly changing and developing the parks. I think he would love the addition of such an amazing animatronic, regardless of the POTC film franchise.
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: PrincessEnya on April 15, 2014, 11:47:22 AM

I totally see where you are coming from. But at the same time Walt was all about constantly changing and developing the parks. I think he would love the addition of such an amazing animatronic, regardless of the POTC film franchise.

I agree, you don't have to go crazy like the movie tie-ins, just maybe a couple of animatronics and set pieces in the treasure scene.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: PrincessEnya on April 15, 2014, 09:31:47 AM

I was told on the QT last year that the only reason Jack hasn't been inserted into the ride at Paris yet is that the computer software that currently runs the entire ride is totally different to the equivalent of the new (and relatively small) elements, so they needed to find a work-around if it is to happen.

I think we all know that it is fairly inevitable that the best POTC on the planet will also change to match the others; this may not necessarily be a bad thing, but nevertheless it would be great for it to stay true to Walt's original vision, especially as it was his final offering.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

Slimy yet satisfying

Sorry for the confusion I meant my favourite skeleton...Jack Skellington!  But in all honesty I wouldnt mind Jack Sparrow included in the ride it has been such a fantastic story that it deserves its place In the park...much more than Narnia or Spidey ..but dont get me started!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

paterdave2

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on April 22, 2014, 02:36:13 PM
Sorry for the confusion I meant my favourite skeleton...Jack Skellington!  But in all honesty I wouldnt mind Jack Sparrow included in the ride it has been such a fantastic story that it deserves its place In the park...much more than Narnia or Spidey ..but dont get me started!

Than you really don't know where the movies came from :P

If they add Sparrow to Pirates it will be a sad day indeed.
Why they always want to destroy the great rides is beyond me but I do hope that he will never show his face in our POTC .
As a lot of you who chear this are always forgetting DLP is in Paris France. so we won't be hering Jhonny Depp but some stupid France voice actor.
Keep it as it is, that is as it should be.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm