French coffee

Started by laylanmummyluvdisney, April 12, 2014, 10:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laylanmummyluvdisney

I've seen reports that french coffee is not very nice
but what is it about it that British don't seem to like
And can it be fixed with a bit of milk and an extra sugar

Now I understand the tea is very weak but I don't mind weak tea so I'm fine with that
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

orangarnold

Quote from: laylanmummyluvdisney on April 12, 2014, 10:55:58 PM
I've seen reports that french coffee is not very nice
but what is it about it that British don't seem to like
And can it be fixed with a bit of milk and an extra sugar

Now I understand the tea is very weak but I don't mind weak tea so I'm fine with that

The coffee in the park is dreadful, its too sweet and milk and sugar will not fix, it only makes it worse.

Coffee in France on the whole can be very nice, the milk is very different, almost cream like. If you like flat white/latte type coffee always order a cafe creme/cafe au lait. If you order a 'cafe' you will just get an espresso type drink

Slimy yet satisfying

Seriously!

Coffee and tea are the same theme park to theme park if you want starbucks get starbucks...if your main question is about a nice cup of tea I do worry!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

cazspence

I don't find anything wrong with the coffee at all??  Tastes the same there as it does here?

orangarnold

Quote from: cazspence on April 13, 2014, 09:18:23 AM
I don't find anything wrong with the coffee at all??  Tastes the same there as it does here?

French coffee in general I stick to over tea, but in the park a cafe au lait just tastes bad, to me anyway.

cazspence

I have black coffee and add my own milk ( that's just cafe au lait isn't it) or latte or cappuccino and honestly don't taste any difference, I'm not exactly a coffee expert though lol.   

orangarnold

Quote from: cazspence on April 13, 2014, 10:54:48 PM
I have black coffee and add my own milk ( that's just cafe au lait isn't it) or latte or cappuccino and honestly don't taste any difference, I'm not exactly a coffee expert though lol.

Cafe au lait is a milky coffee. I genuinely think its down to the milk and the fact the park uses powdered milk

Samninetysix

I never drink coffee in the parks but the coffee in the hotels is generally a commercial Nescafé which is lovely and the milk is usually "demi-ecreme" and long life so probably UHT treated or seems to be when we have it and tastes very different from milk in the UK but again it's very nice (we brought 16 bottles back with us in the car last Wednesday)

orangarnold

Quote from: Samninetysix on April 14, 2014, 10:12:45 AM
I never drink coffee in the parks but the coffee in the hotels is generally a commercial Nescafé which is lovely and the milk is usually "demi-ecreme" and long life so probably UHT treated or seems to be when we have it and tastes very different from milk in the UK but again it's very nice (we brought 16 bottles back with us in the car last Wednesday)

See its things like being able to take home that much milk which I miss about not driving to France

Samninetysix

LOL, we also brought back loads of different cheeses, reblochon, raclette, bresse bleu, family sized fondue etc