Who will miss Pizza Planet?

Started by PrincessA, March 16, 2014, 11:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessA

So, we've all been hearing lots of rumours of Pizza Planet closing to make room for a new Star Wars themed area.
I won't miss Captain EO, but I do miss Honey I shrunk the audience. But I can live with that.
Personally, I'm a little heartbroken that Pizza Planet is going. I have so many memories of going there when I was little. Toy Story was my ultimate favourite movie when I was little. I remember I was so overcome with excitement when I saw the Jessie character come out of the door at the back of the playground.!

I was wondering what were your thoughts on pizza planet going? I can see the argument for star wars, it would definitely round up more people!

moonloo

Awwww I'll be sad just because its always been closed when Ive been there, now I hope even more that its open in 2 weeks so I can atleast visit once before it goes!

aircanman

We went there 2 years ago, it was stinking in there! - To be honest, something so much better could be put in its place!

andlorna

Quote from: aircanman on March 17, 2014, 08:58:48 PM
We went there 2 years ago, it was stinking in there! - To be honest, something so much better could be put in its place!

I agree...we went a few year's ago and it was terrible. Very chaotic. Kid's where being pushed and shoved. Place was dirty....not a good experience. .
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Discovery_Mountain

I always thought this was just closed all the time until last time it was open so went and had a look in.

It wasn't too bad, it was pretty cheap for a buffet restaurant and the food was ok, but It was freezing inside, plus just seemed like a big warehouse with disappointing theme.  Hopefully it'll turn into the cantina from Star Wars.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

orangarnold

Theres a lot that could have been done with it, and wasn't. It was a good idea in practice but it just wasn't finished properly. I mean what would it have taken for some arcade machines, and the guards at the doorway?

Princessjo

We have eaten a couple of times - when it was counter service and now it's a buffet....if I'm honest it's always been disappointing! It could be awesome - the buzz ride is tribute to how good toy story elements can be...
I love the idea of a Star Wars land but feel that pizza planet could have survived if the theming had been concentrated on more...
Give a little whistle

littlebitofpixiedust

I will definatley miss it, and I have done for years! I last see it open in 2009 my son was only one it was his first visit. He met Jessie in there :) the food from what I can remember was ok, not great but it wasn't expensive. I do remember it being cold inside though. It's a shame because many toy story fans would love it if it was looked after better or improves upon. But hey-ho I accepted long ago it was closed and I didn't have high hopes of it re-opening because on my many visits it has been closed. And we've been lots!

I do also miss honey I shrunk the audience PrincessA :( but let's hope they put something cool in discoveryland that well all enjoy!

aquacat2

I would miss it as I have great memories in there and I love Toy Story but if it means we get Star Wars I won't moan :)
Pizza Planet could always move to WDS
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

littlebitofpixiedust

I actually think that would be more fitting with the toy story play land but doubt it'll happen with ratatouille ride and restaurant coming soon.

LotsoHugginBear

Anything will be better than Pizza Planet - in my opinion this is the worst restaurant at Disneyland.

Samninetysix

To be honest, we very rarely go into Discoveryland anyway, there's just nothing there that appeals so it won't be missed by this household

Screaming Coasters

Most of the restaurants at DLP are useless, but this is by far one of the worst. The interior was great, fun and well themed, but this doesn't make up for the rubbish food they served..

LotsoHugginBear

Quote from: Screaming Coasters on April 02, 2014, 05:14:26 AM
The interior was great, fun and well themed
Really :o ? Have you ever been there?
For me it looks like a derty, ugly tent, some half-broken items hanging down from the ceiling. Most kids like the playground but that's all. The atmosphere in this place is really awfull.

Discovery_Mountain

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on April 04, 2014, 08:03:43 PM
Quote from: Screaming Coasters on April 02, 2014, 05:14:26 AM
The interior was great, fun and well themed
Really :o ? Have you ever been there?
For me it looks like a derty, ugly tent, some half-broken items hanging down from the ceiling. Most kids like the playground but that's all. The atmosphere in this place is really awfull.

Totally agree, The theming in Pizza Planet is awful, the majority of the other restaurants are brilliantly themed in my opinion.

When did it actually open? I'll assume it was sometime after 1995, defiantly shows that it's not an original as the original have so much more detail put into them.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)