Cafe Mickey

Started by andlorna, February 23, 2014, 11:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andlorna

Just returned from 5 lovely days. We had decided to eat at CafĂ© Mickey on the Wednesday night. We arrived at 6.30pm and where seated upstairs. It wasn't that busy,30 mins went by and the waiter came over and took our order. The kids had the set menu and we ordered off the menu. The starters where fine but when the main meal came it was cold. How hard is it to get pizza's and burgers cooked right. The pizza's still had raw ingredients on them. We complained and the food was taken away. We waited another 45 mins for the meals to come back......cooked but still not very hot. Only 4 Disney Characters came out Mickey,Goofy,Pluto and Eeyore. I was not very impressed by the staff half of them looked like they didn't want to be there. When the bill came they had not charged us for the 2 main meals. Maybe we just had a bad experience but let's just say we wont be eating there again. 
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

gemma2806

We had a very similar experience in 2012. We ate about the same time, it took ages to order drinks and food. The food was very mediocre and one dish was inedible. The staff definitely acted like they wanted to be anywhere but there! We have decided to never go back for dinner but we have eaten breakfast here several times and never had a bad experience. It's very quiet, plenty of yummy food and characters galore so I'd definitely try here for a breakfast in future but I completely agree about writing off the dinner!  :'(

SGregory27

Over the years I have heard/spoke to people who have had bad experience at cafe mickey, and because of this never tried it, even after having kids we have kept away.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

andlorna

Quote from: gemma2806 on February 23, 2014, 05:07:49 PM
We had a very similar experience in 2012. We ate about the same time, it took ages to order drinks and food. The food was very mediocre and one dish was inedible. The staff definitely acted like they wanted to be anywhere but there! We have decided to never go back for dinner but we have eaten breakfast here several times and never had a bad experience. It's very quiet, plenty of yummy food and characters galore so I'd definitely try here for a breakfast in future but I completely agree about writing off the dinner!  :'(

We have had breakfast there in the past and as you say it is nice food. We had the same experience last year when we had tea but it was much later and we thought it was a one off but having the same experience this year we will never go back....
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days