DVC at DLRP

Started by mickeysimzac, March 11, 2007, 03:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeysimzac

For those of you in the know on this board, do you think there will ever be a Disney Vacation Club Resort added to DLRP? TIA

Patrick

No, simply because this whole idea I doubt would ever take off in Europe and also for now there are enough hotel rooms within a 3 mile distance really, there's not a need for it really.

Kristof

There is already a vacation club on Disney property: The Marriot's.

Patrick

Quote from: "raptor1982"There is already a vacation club on Disney property: The Marriot's.

Oh stop proving me wrong :P , I completely forgot about that thing.

jortlaban

and lets not forget that you can visit DLRP and hotels when you're a member of the DVC (which is also available for european customers)
Shareholder TWDC & EDASCA

mickeysimzac

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"No, simply because this whole idea I doubt would ever take off in Europe and also for now there are enough hotel rooms within a 3 mile distance really, there's not a need for it really.

I think you would be surprised at the popularity of a DVC resort at DLRP. There are currently many DVC members from Europe who would take advantage of being able to stay at similar accomodations(villas) vs a regular hotel room at the current resorts. Also being a DVC member changes how you vacation, more likely to go more often since much of your accomodation charge is prepaid with your purchase. DVC has proven to bring more visitors more often to WDW in Florida, and I think California will soon have it's first DVC resort. It's only natural that Paris would come next. I'll keep hoping. :D

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "mickeysimzac"
Quote from: "PATMAGIC"No, simply because this whole idea I doubt would ever take off in Europe and also for now there are enough hotel rooms within a 3 mile distance really, there's not a need for it really.

I think you would be surprised at the popularity of a DVC resort at DLRP. There are currently many DVC members from Europe who would take advantage of being able to stay at similar accomodations(villas) vs a regular hotel room at the current resorts. Also being a DVC member changes how you vacation, more likely to go more often since much of your accomodation charge is prepaid with your purchase. DVC has proven to bring more visitors more often to WDW in Florida, and I think California will soon have it's first DVC resort. It's only natural that Paris would come next. I'll keep hoping. :D

I agree, but with the Marriott Vacation Club having been built on the DLP Golf Course, and the feesability stud between EuroDisney SCA and Pieere and Vacance on the Nature Park development, I really cannot see this happening for along time if at all.  5 years ago, yes, totally likely.  But now, I doubt it.
since 2001 (many before that)

disneyoholic

we are new DVC members and are using our points to visit DLRP in June.  Unlike when you stay in WDW you get nothing "extra" being a DVC member at DLRP so it would be great if they did build a DVC resort there as it would help make the planning of your trip a whole lot easier  :D
WDW 1994
WDW 1995
DLRP 1996
WDW 1997
DLRP 1999/2000 New Year Millennium Party
WDW 2001
WDW 2006
DLRP 2007

Disneyana

Some days ago I read something about a DVC coming to DLP in 2012, but I'm not quite sure anymore. I will try to find out the website where I read about it.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Disneyana

Oh I just found what I read about. It's from property magazine. But I guess it's not a DVC. Euro Disney SCA and Pierre & Vacances are planning a vacation club  near DLP. Both partners will earn 50% of it and it should have 5000 vacation appartments and houses. And there will be some other vacation activities there. In total it will be 130.000m². the first appartments with a living space of 183 ha may be ready in 2010. The whole project will cost about 1,8 Mrd Euros.

That's what I read and sorry for confusing, but I just translated it myself. But is this the DVC you mentioned or is this something else ?
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

davewasbaloo

DVC is entirely different. They are highly themed Disney resorts that are fully owned by Disney.  You buy points for about 18,000 Euro and can spend them each year to stay either in a DVC resort (best value) another Disney hotel around the globe, or non Disney resorts (worst value) for 45 years.  It's similar to the Marriott Vacation Club except it is managed by Disney.

mickeysimzac

Just wanted to revisit this topic as with all the expansion currently being announced by DVC, I feel DLP will be in line for a DVC resort in the very near future. JMO

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "mickeysimzac"Just wanted to revisit this topic as with all the expansion currently being announced by DVC, I feel DLP will be in line for a DVC resort in the very near future. JMO

Not going to happen in the near future.  We bought at the Marriott Vacation Club earlier this year, and the partnership contract will not allow DVC to build within a 20 mile radius of the resort for 20 years (now 14 since MVCI started the programme).

That is why we bought at MVCI instead of Disney, and we do prefer the Marriott offerings to DVC.  Although with 50 units going into DL and now Hawaii, I may be tempted to expand our vacation ownership portfolio.

suzie

What is a Disney Vacation Club Resort? is that the thing they're doing on Hawaii now, is it like a hotel resort, where disney figures can be found?.....

sorry I don't have a clue, can soemone explain it, please
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

Kristof

It's a time sharing project.  You buy yourself in the system and get each year points which you can use to stay over at different DVC locations around the globe.