The Princess and the Frog (Disney 2009)

Started by Kristof, March 10, 2007, 12:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I like how you began "I saw it today, was great." and then posted those amazing pictures. Wow.

The Princess and the Frog has hit the UK! :D/

never2old

Wow peep, that is brilliant!!! It must have been an incredible evening.

Tuvok

The Princess and The Frog will break the 100 mil. dollar barrier this week with US gross only. Now it's up to us to boost this to higher levels in world wide grossing. The movie will open next week here in Holland. Will be there for the premiere!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Anthony

Quote from: "Tuvok"The Princess and The Frog will break the 100 mil. dollar barrier this week with US gross only.
That's sooo slow though... why hasn't it been doing better business?

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Tuvok"The Princess and The Frog will break the 100 mil. dollar barrier this week with US gross only.
That's sooo slow though... why hasn't it been doing better business?

I think the competition was too big. Avatar was released nearly at the same time and this stupid Chipmunk movie pulled also a lot of people into the cinemas. Then there was another Disney movie, A Christmas Carol, in cinemas and three family orientated movies are too many. Going to cinema with the whole family will be a little bit expensive and so I think many families chose just one movie.

Anthony

To celebrate the film finally coming to our side of Europe and Tiana preparing to arrive at Disneyland Paris, Jérémie Noyer deviates slightly from the park interviews to bring DLRP Magic.com an exclusive talk with Princess Tiana's actual supervising animator, Mark Henn:

Don't worry, no spoilers - perfect lead-in for the film! :)

Aveen2008

Peep - wow great photos!! Anita Noni Rose is so pretty, she almost looks like a Disney cartoon character with her bright eyes and big smile hehe! I have seen a few TV interviews of her recently. I am looking forward to seeing the film...i'm going  to go in with no expectations and see what I think.

Pussinboots - What was the original ending to the Hunchback of Notre Dame ( i have never read the book)? I have to admit though it is one of my favourite Disney films!
Luv Aveen xoxo

littlemermaid83

I'm counting down the days till Friday!  

I cannot wait and i love the soundtrack.  Bit suprised it didn't do too well over the pond though.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dagobert

This weekend The Princess and the Frog passed the 100mio mark in the US.

dagobert

The Princess and the Frog is nominated, like UP, for the Oscar for Best Animated Film. Although I liked this movie better than UP, I don't think it has a real chance to win.

peep

The film has also been nominated for two if it's songs, good luck Disney!
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Tuvok

For once I hope that Pixar doesn't win the oscar for best animated feature film. Though UP is a really good movie, I personally think The Princess and The Frog is better, but that can also be because I'm so glad they returned to the beautiful handdrawn animation style. It's so good to see Disney back in action and it shows that Disney is still the absolute king in handdrawn animation. At first (before I saw the movie) I didn't like the songs, but IN the movie they work very well. Not as memorable as earlier masterpieces from The Mouse House, but still a nice swinging jazz sound which fits perfectly well. Go see this movie, I loved every minute of it. Hopefully the Disney execs will look past boxoffice results and see that this is the way Disney animation should go. Let Pixar do the CGI, it's what they do best. After all those dreadful movies like Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons, Disney Animation is back where they belong: the top of the industry.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

I also like The Princess and the Frog better than UP, but I don't think that TPATF will win the Oscar for best animated movie.

howtodeal

Great photos Peep, you're very lucky and i'm really glad the movie got 3 nominations. Not bad at all  :D
PS. her name is Anika not Anita  :P

Aveen2008

It's weird to see my name with an N stuck infront of it N-aveen lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo