New Princess dresses/ re-designs.

Started by alternativerock123, November 27, 2013, 09:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alternativerock123

So since the merch got re-designed about 2 years ago. The parks have slowly been changing the dresses of the princess. Cinderella, Belle, Aurora and Ariel have currently had changes in the US parks and slowly into Tokyo.

Paris is a little late with the changes but Cinderella got her new dress at the start of the Christmas season. (Rumours where around earlier this year and they came true) So Belle's new dress is next on the list.

But here is Cinderella's old and new dresses:

Old:

Cinderella by ThatDisneyLover, on Flickr
New:

Cinderella's New Dress by ThatDisneyLover, on Flickr

The rumour said that Belle's dress would arrive this year too - but I think it won't come till the new year now. And if we are following the same pattern, it is: Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Ariel and then Snow (who is still to have her design in the US parks) Also a rumour is that Jasmine might have an update too.

What do you guys think of the new dress?  :D
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

princesscaoimhe

we are just back from dlp and meet cinderella new dress is much better also meet belle and had a diff dress from last year

PrincessEnya

It´s been a while since Snow got her new design in the American parks, and I have to say I really like it.

But in the meantime Aurora has been wearing her old dress again in DL and WDW. I absolutely love her new dress and I really hope it will come back. Does anyone know why she is wearing her old dress again?

And do you guys think that her new dress will be pink or blue when (if?) it comes to Paris?
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

alternativerock123

Quote from: PrincessEnya on February 26, 2014, 11:14:39 AM
It´s been a while since Snow got her new design in the American parks, and I have to say I really like it.

But in the meantime Aurora has been wearing her old dress again in DL and WDW. I absolutely love her new dress and I really hope it will come back. Does anyone know why she is wearing her old dress again?

And do you guys think that her new dress will be pink or blue when (if?) it comes to Paris?

Yes I am 50/50 on Snows new design since she's my favourite. But it's still lovely.

Aurora's new dress supposedly had problems with the fabric that (if memory serves) that the dye was rubbing off fast and it was very easy to rip. But, that's what I've heard.

I hope it will remain blue, but do match the merchandise, I bet it will become pink all the time. =[ I can feel it. Since she doesn't really match the other parks either. BUT you never know, she might stay blue!

But yeah if Paris follows the rules of the other parks, Belle should get her re-design next! It was November when Cinders got hers and normally the designs come in every 3/4 months. So fingers crosses Belle gets hers next month or after! =D
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

PrincessEnya

I hope Aurora will keep wearing blue in Paris too! And I can't wait to meet Belle in her new outfit, I love the softer color of it and her new hair style  :D
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

StarGazer

Cinderella looks so pretty! She's making me want to visit the Pavillion!
How many princesses have gotten their redesigns at Paris already?
♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫

PrincessEnya

StarGazer

Quote from: PrincessEnya on June 03, 2014, 09:42:11 AM
Only Cindy I'm afraid.  :(

Awww, that's a shame  :(  I was expecting to see Belle in her new redesign this July. Her older dress isn't bad, but I prefer the softer tone of yellow her redesign has. Thanks for your answer!

PrincessEnya

No problem! I prefer the new designs of all the dresses actually, especially Snow's. Hopefully we'll see some arriving in Paris soon. Who knows when though, it could be this July!

StarGazer

Princess Enya, you were right! Belle debuted with her redesign today at the park!

Source: @InsideDLParis (1/2, 3)

That dress is stunning! Looking forward to meet her  ;D

PrincessEnya

I know! I logged on just to tell you! ;D Doesn't she look beautiful?

dazzle_v2003

I really love the redesign of Belle's dress. It looks much more beautiful and fits in with the film better.

One question I have though why do you think it is taking so long for the redesigns to transfer to Paris and the other parks from the states?

Is it because they went to see the reactions and if the new outfit is satisfactory especially after Auroa's new dress was pulled as the material was too thin and ripped in everyday use.

StarGazer

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on June 11, 2014, 10:48:03 PM
I really love the redesign of Belle's dress. It looks much more beautiful and fits in with the film better.

One question I have though why do you think it is taking so long for the redesigns to transfer to Paris and the other parks from the states?

Is it because they went to see the reactions and if the new outfit is satisfactory especially after Auroa's new dress was pulled as the material was too thin and ripped in everyday use.

I think it's because the park must pay to TWDC for the rights of every costume they use, and maybe they're slowly investing in making new dresses. After all, there's been a lot of money spent on Ratatouille, and they've also added new characters recently, which means new costumes/more paying for rights (Clarabelle, Russel, Elsa/Anna)

dazzle_v2003

StarGazer thanks for replying. I forgot completely that they have to pay TWDC for costume rights and you are correct with so many new characters it's a lot of money to pay for rights.

It's good that they are continually to add additional characters though and not using the excuse of the new princess costumes to not be able to afford new character rights

Random question apart from unique costumes for parades and shows only at DLP are the standard character outfits all made in Paris too with direction obviously from WDC or shipped over from the states? Hopefully that question makes sense. 

laylanmummyluvdisney

While we were there June 22-27
Belle and cinderella were wearing new dresses
Aurora had old design on in auberge but a pink dress in the parade with a different design
So there is a chance she may turn pink

Bit of ashame really as I do prefer blue
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017