15th Castle & Park Decorations

Started by Anthony, March 07, 2007, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

@ Riebi - :P Cheshire isn't Dopey, so he won't lose his candle.

@ Nala - :o I have nothing against Toy Story, but like I've heard a few others say; Pixar really does fit best in WDS. Buzz just looks weird among all those classic characters. Like you say, there's many other characters who would've been more deserving.

Kristof

Quote from: "Kinou"La Rouquine on DCP told us that the first characters (Jiminy, Donald, Daisy) are on the castle now. Along with the Xmas lights structure... Sad It's so ugly in daytime! WHY WHY WHY???

anthony2k6

anyone got any pics?!?!?

Maarten

Quote from: "anthony2k6"anyone got any pics?!?!?

Yes, the first pics arrived. All I can say; this looks classy! I'm not easily convinced, but this blows me away! It has written "subtle", "quality" and "Disney" all over it at the same time. Great!  :)

Source: //http://www.disneytheque.com/

Anthony

Those are gorgeous, really really stunning!  And like you say Maarten, very understated too. :)  I love how they're gold/bronze, yet each has a tiny hint of colour to it. Just perfect.

Eat your heart out WDW and DLR, this is how it's done. :wink:

Spacemtuk

Has anyone noticed the actual turret? It has the light covering/mesh on it, very similar to what is used in the xmas ceremony! Something tells me this castle lighting will be more spectacular than was originally thought!! e.g. the whole castle will light up not just the candles!!!!! DLRP has truely been moving in the right direction these past few months!!

dreamseeker

I thought that the small gold carachters were bigger (like Magic Kingdom)... but now I think that it's beautiful!!!!! It's very different than the decoration of the magic kingdom castle for the 50th anniversary...

But I don't know why Pooh (it's my favourite character) was eliminated... :(

I can't wait to see more photos!
from barcelone... Dreamseeker

Anthony

Quote from: "Spacemtuk"Has anyone noticed the actual turret? It has the light covering/mesh on it, very similar to what is used in the xmas ceremony! Something tells me this castle lighting will be more spectacular than was originally thought!! e.g. the whole castle will light up not just the candles!!!!! DLRP has truely been moving in the right direction these past few months!!
Hmm I don't think so personally, I'd be very surprised if they did that.  It'd spoil the effect of the candles if they went and turned on those thousands of lights.

PATMAGIC suggested to me before that they probably installed the Christmas lights with these so they can all use the same power supply.  Plus, it saves extra work come Christmas.

Lazy, and I do think it looks very ugly with that mesh, but I'll forgive them.

Poppy The Monkey

The "pixie dust" strobe affect will be used from the Christmas Light Set-up. But I think they are putting them up now to save having to remove the birthday figures to place the lights come October.

The Butlin Boy

:o  WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

They are beautiful, I cant wait to see the rest of them :)

Riebi

WOW! Looks great! I love that "tiny hint of colour" very much.
The characters looks realy noble. Just right for the big birthday!

@ Masamune - Not Cheshire will lose his candle, the candle will lose chesire :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Soap

Quote from: "Dream_Maker"But I don't know why Pooh (it's my favourite character) was eliminated... :(

First......WOW  :shock: This looks SO classy!

I guess this is because of the "ownership" problems with Pooh & friends...  :?:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

They do look great, but I'd also love to see photos from a distance.  :?:

Yankeesfan

Great pics,  I can't wait until I see it live next month.

Sigton

Wow! impressive! I like gold/bronze colors.
Lets hope that the rest of the characters will be installed quickly. :ears: