Disney Characters' Express

Started by Anthony, March 07, 2007, 04:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerbelle

oh we hated it, we went to DLRP without knowing much about the 15 anniv celebrations, and we were happily shopping in main street when the loud music caught our attention, and we stopped shopping just to see if it was a parade and it was this little train with lots of the less-wanted and less-recognisable characters (the tweedle-can't-even-spell-the-name twins from alice, friar tuck or whatever from robin hood and some others). each time the train appeared we would go out hoping to see new characters, or the main ones at least, but i don't know, ... we weren't lucky at all! always the same characters! i can see many have seen goofy, pluto, pinocchio, but we didn't see them! we were hoping to see mickey and minnie but no luck!

the funny thing is that there were some song of the south characters and it seemed that i was the only one who knew who they were  :roll:

we hated it :P

Tinkerbelle

oh we hated it, we went to DLRP without knowing much about the 15 anniv celebrations, and we were happily shopping in main street when the loud music caught our attention, and we stopped shopping just to see if it was a parade and it was this little train with lots of the less-wanted and less-recognisable characters (the tweedle-can't-even-spell-the-name twins from alice, friar tuck or whatever from robin hood and some others). each time the train appeared we would go out hoping to see new characters, or the main ones at least, but i don't know, ... we weren't lucky at all! always the same characters! i can see many have seen goofy, pluto, pinocchio, but we didn't see them! we were hoping to see mickey and minnie but no luck!

the funny thing is that there were some song of the south characters and it seemed that i was the only one who knew who they were  :roll:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"oh we hated it, we went to DLRP without knowing much about the 15 anniv celebrations, and we were happily shopping in main street when the loud music caught our attention, and we stopped shopping just to see if it was a parade and it was this little train with lots of the less-wanted and less-recognisable characters (the tweedle-can't-even-spell-the-name twins from alice, friar tuck or whatever from robin hood and some others). each time the train appeared we would go out hoping to see new characters, or the main ones at least, but i don't know, ... we weren't lucky at all! always the same characters! i can see many have seen goofy, pluto, pinocchio, but we didn't see them! we were hoping to see mickey and minnie but no luck!

I don't think that they can put characters like Mickey and Minnie on there because they already have their own photolocations running through the day anyway :wink:

Kristof

QuoteI don't think that they can put characters like Mickey and Minnie on there because they already have their own photolocations running through the day anyway :wink:

Some guests should definitely read the entertainment programme.  It's free!

WaltDisneyFanBoy

QuoteTinkerbelle      

the funny thing is that there were some song of the south characters and it seemed that i was the only one who knew who they were :roll:

I have seen Donald Duck a couple of times, on the train, too!

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"oh we hated it, we went to DLRP without knowing much about the 15 anniv celebrations, and we were happily shopping in main street when the loud music caught our attention, and we stopped shopping just to see if it was a parade and it was this little train with lots of the less-wanted and less-recognisable characters (the tweedle-can't-even-spell-the-name twins from alice, friar tuck or whatever from robin hood and some others). each time the train appeared we would go out hoping to see new characters, or the main ones at least, but i don't know, ... we weren't lucky at all! always the same characters! i can see many have seen goofy, pluto, pinocchio, but we didn't see them! we were hoping to see mickey and minnie but no luck!

That's really strange - when I went last September we saw Goofy, Pluto, Donald and Daisy, Eeyore, Tigger, Pinocchio and Gepetto, Chip and Dale, Timon and loads more really popular characters... all on the Character's Express!! I really think it just depends on the luck of the draw, cos the characters change every time the train comes out! You must have just been extremely unlucky :)

\":lamp:\"

Rain

When we went in October we saw Eeyore, Tigger, Smee, Captain Hook, Gepetto, Pinocchio and Rafiki on the Character Express. I thought it was a pretty good selection of characters. In general, we saw a lot more characters around the park than we had seen on our trips to WDW - not sure if that was because of the 15th celebrations, but it was really nice to see so many.

Kristof

Quote from: "Rain"When we went in October we saw Eeyore, Tigger, Smee, Captain Hook, Gepetto, Pinocchio and Rafiki on the Character Express. I thought it was a pretty good selection of characters. In general, we saw a lot more characters around the park than we had seen on our trips to WDW - not sure if that was because of the 15th celebrations, but it was really nice to see so many.

Disneyland Paris has always been the resort with the most characters on property.  And during the 15th Anniversary there are even more characters out.

Rain

Quote from: "raptor1982"Disneyland Paris has always been the resort with the most characters on property.  And during the 15th Anniversary there are even more characters out.
For me it really added to the magic - we've been at WDW before and only seen the  characters in the parades on some days.

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Rain"
Quote from: "raptor1982"Disneyland Paris has always been the resort with the most characters on property.  And during the 15th Anniversary there are even more characters out.
For me it really added to the magic - we've been at WDW before and only seen the  characters in the parades on some days.
completly agreeing with you Rain. WDW seems to only let characters out early in the morning when im still sleeping :D
I think Character Express is a really good way for young children to meet there fav disney charcaters and I would like to see more of it in other parks around the world
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"
Quote from: "Rain"
completly agreeing with you Rain. WDW seems to only let characters out early in the morning when im still sleeping :D
I think Character Express is a really good way for young children to meet there fav disney charcaters and I would like to see more of it in other parks around the world

don't forget us adults too!! :wink:

I love the Character Express I have already visited twice during the 15th celebrations and go again next week. However the only thing I would complain about is that there is very little variety of characters, pretty much the same 'lot' most of the time and some of the characters I often wonder why they were chosen specifically when they aren't main characters should as the Sherif from Robhin Hood and Friar Tuck, the bear from Song of the South and recently I have seen an addition of random monkey's alongside King Louis :| . However I will agree it's a great meet and greet opportunity for everyone even if it is chaotic. I have met Rafki, Buzz, Stitch, Tigger, Frolo and Koda from the train alone!  =D>

Love Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

AmericanMouse

I suggest that they repaint the train after the Fifteenth Anniversary That Never Ends finally climaxes in March of '09, and still have the express every day, plus have holiday motifs for Halloween and Christmas (Orange splatters for Halloween and Christmas decor in November and December).

Kristof

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"I suggest that they repaint the train after the Fifteenth Anniversary That Never Ends finally climaxes in March of '09, and still have the express every day, plus have holiday motifs for Halloween and Christmas (Orange splatters for Halloween and Christmas decor in November and December).

Don't worry about that.  The Characters' Express will remain in the park somehow.   :)

MizzRabbit

QuoteHowever the only thing I would complain about is that there is very little variety of characters, pretty much the same 'lot' most of the time and some of the characters I often wonder why they were chosen specifically when they aren't main characters should as the Sherif from Robhin Hood and Friar Tuck, the bear from Song of the South and recently I have seen an addition of random monkey's alongside King Louis :| . However I will agree it's a great meet and greet opportunity for everyone even if it is chaotic. I have met Rafki, Buzz, Stitch, Tigger, Frolo and Koda from the train alone!  =D>

Love Aveen xxx

I've also met som great characters such as Genie, Pinocchio, Smee and Buzz. I absolutely love the Character Express and nothing makes me feel more like I'm in DLRP as when I suddenly hear the train on the speakers and the song begins. I get all giddy and start jumping up and down! It's the thing I'm looking most forward to when I go to dlrp again!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Elaine

I also love the Character Express - even if I don't bother with the scrum for the characters when they get off!

The music is completely infectious  :D/ !

Elaine