Comparing WDW / DLR / DLP

Started by gldc, November 17, 2013, 11:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gldc

This year I've visited Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World and couldn't help but compare the three resorts. I've made a 3-part blog post on the trials and tribulations of the three resorts - you might be surprised at what I found. I talk about the atmosphere, offerings, attractions, accommodation, resort size, entertainment, food, the magic, the cast members and more and give each park a rating.

Overall, (for those of you who don't fancy clicking through) I concluded that Walt Disney World was the winner but surprisingly the difference between the other two resorts isn't that huge overall.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

orangarnold

This is an interesting read, as I am planning a big trip to California next year. Have you ever done the tour of Walt's Appartment?

gldc

Quote from: orangarnold on November 18, 2013, 11:20:22 AM
This is an interesting read, as I am planning a big trip to California next year. Have you ever done the tour of Walt's Appartment?

You'll absolutely love it - it's a great resort though I would have found it hard to fill more than 4 or 5 days even with all the shows and characters on offer.

I haven't been in the apartment but luckily one of my best friends has just done this very thing just this week! She said it is amazing and they've left it pretty much untouched since he passed away. There are a few posts on the internet about it if you want to see what it's like but its also very secretive and no photos are allowed.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Rapunzel1

I loved Disneyland paris. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the park. adventure land is just amazing.

But there were several dislikes. My daughter enjoyed collecting autographes in Orlando. But in Paris there were no lines. People just rushed towards the characters. My children are shy and had no chance of getting an autograph or a photo. Luckily we stayed at a disney hotel so we got some autographs and photo's anyway.

Where are the toilets? And why are they so filthy? That is just an unacceptable thing. People pay a lot of money. I think we may expect clean toilets.

Staff in the restaurants were not very polite. And in stores and restaurants they were often busy with other things than helping customers.

So we prefer the disney parks in Orlando. The shows there are great. We all loved the Nemo show in animal kingdom and fantasmic in hollywood studios. The 3D shows. The characters and of course Epcot. The look and feel of that park is great. But disneyland in paris is really nice too. The park is large. Our children really liked the island.

tubbsy

This thread really helped me make up my mind to go to WDW this summer. So thank you so much for writing it! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DisneyGagaChick

I agree, I do prefer WDW over DLP.