Disney Blockbuster Cafe gets Iron Man room

Started by Kristof, October 01, 2013, 12:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

It has finally happened, although not in the way we hoped for, but Marvel has arrived at Disneyland Paris!

The poorly received High School Musical room in Disney Blockbuster Cafe is currently being rethemed to Marvel's Iron Man. Posters with artwork of the different Mark suits have replaced the ones of High School Musical.

Now let's hope there will be some "real" props used as well throughout the place. 

The Pirates Room currently remains unchanged.

Some photos:

More photos on the Photos Magiques blog.

Kristof

BoristheSpider

orangarnold

My Marvel mad boyfriend has banned me from going in without him so we can see it together when we go next year

Zee79

Don't mind the change in theming but hope the food is being kept the same!

vdBurg

I think it's kinda neat. Never was a big fan of High School Musical anyways. It sure'll be interesting to take a closer look at all the different marks divided amongst the posters. My only concern is that the Cafe has gotten a little bit too male-dominated now: Marvel and to a lesser extent Pirates is focussed on boys, HSM was more popular amongst girls.

lovindisney87

Quote from: Zee79 on October 01, 2013, 12:42:50 PM
Don't mind the change in theming but hope the food is being kept the same!

Definately agree with you about the food  ;D

Quote from: vdBurg on October 01, 2013, 01:33:39 PM
I think it's kinda neat. Never was a big fan of High School Musical anyways. It sure'll be interesting to take a closer look at all the different marks divided amongst the posters. My only concern is that the Cafe has gotten a little bit too male-dominated now: Marvel and to a lesser extent Pirates is focussed on boys, HSM was more popular amongst girls.

My daughter loved high school musical and the first time we went she really enjoyed being in there, unfortunately last time it was closed so we never got to go in there. At least we know for when we next go that its changed, we can forewarn her.  :)
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Raoul

Those new posters are pretty cool, but it's a pity that the Cafe is less filed with props than before. Hopefully they gonna change that and place some Iron Man props there, because who wouldn't see the Mark 3 in 'real' life? ;)

orangarnold

A lot of girls like comics  ;D ;D :P

vdBurg

Quote from: orangarnold on October 01, 2013, 08:41:25 PM

A lot of girls like comics  ;D ;D :P
Indeed they do, never said that all girls will dislike the change, or comics for that matter. However, you'll have to admit that Marvel's audience consists mostly of boys/men. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled to see HSM leave to make room for Iron man (although I'd like to see more Stark tech littered around the cafe, or at least one suit) but I do think the balance in the 'target-gender' of the Cafe is a bit off now. Not saying it's a bad thing per se, but it is something to take into account.

orangarnold

I think the shift is now more age, it's somewhere thats 'cool' for the late teen bracket to hang out. I guess I really just don't like defining things by which gender is that for, etc.

But as it's Disney its a nice antidote to the more feminine eateries in the parks

FoX

I think it's great they use an Iron Man theming at the cafe. Love it! But, as already mentioned in this topic, I hope they come up with some extra props for the theming.

esmeralda

I don't like to see a Marvel theme in Dlp. In my opinion it doesn't match the Disney magic!!! HSM is a Disney movie! So I'm not happy to see it being changed. It looks to dark as well...
Julia

Zee79

Quote from: esmeralda on October 02, 2013, 10:14:34 AM
I don't like to see a Marvel theme in Dlp. In my opinion it doesn't match the Disney magic!!! HSM is a Disney movie! So I'm not happy to see it being changed. It looks to dark as well...
I agree it doesn't stick with the Disney magic but where it is based it's in a more non-Disney/male area - armagegdon, aerosmith, stunt show  all not female or Disney. I personally don't think WDS is 'disney' as we know it, I think it is the other side of Disney so to speak not the magic/'kiddie' theming.

gemma2806

My boyfriend is Marvel mad so is thrilled this has changed. I'm not a huge Iron Man fan, I must admit I prefer the other Avengers but as there is a section where I can sit and be reminded of Johnny Depp it works well for both of us! I enjoyed the HSM films but must admit that in terms of concepts it was kind of dated and I didn't like this area of the restaurant, I preferred to sit in the Pirates section. I do agree though that props are definitely needed in here as compared to the Backlot Express the Disney Blockbuster Cafe is rather sparse!