I feel like I am cheating on DLP!

Started by tubbsy, September 29, 2013, 09:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

OK. so the family have been talking about going to WDW.....
Now us going to DLP every few years is quite a big thing and takes us a while to save, but we have decided to go for it, buckle down and head to America. I mean, Steph is at uni and left home and Robs 11 and, when we go, will be at secondary school and they love DLP and would love more rides ....
So why do I feel so bad? Like I am snubbing my first love?
EDIT-So I just spoke with Steph about how I feel and she was trying to come up with some really good reasons as to why we should go....
It came down to "I am more likely to meet Merida and Peter Pan!"

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

grovesie

We have been going to DLP twice a year for the past 4-5 years. We went to WDW earlier this year. Don't feel guilty about not going to DLP but feel that it's another chapter in the Disney book. We really enjoyed our visit and are really looking forward to our DLP trip at Christmas.
Have a look at Allears for trip and planning advice, as well as the calendar for special events. If you need any other info please ask.

GROVESIE.

P.S we went at Easter, There's a flower show and there are special flower shows in the shape of Disney characters, and yes there was a Merida meet and greet.

ed-uk

You're not cheating on DLP if you stay at Disney theme parks and resorts :)  Book and stay with their rivals like Europa Park for example, now that really would be cheating on DLP :P 
Ed & David

tubbsy

:O Book another resort???? :O
I will admit we did do one night at Chessinton world of adventure a couple of years ago...
But it was a one night stand and didnt mean anything!!!! I promise!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

LittleGirlBigDisneyFan

@tubbsy:

Oh, you can say it, but did it really meant absolutely nothing to you...?  ;D .

I'm sorry to say this, but the 'guilt' you feel now, will be nothing compared to the guilt you will feel once you get back from WDW...  ::) . A trip to WDW/USA is a real culture shock, but in a good way! You'll have the time of your life, and - which was my experience - you get hooked on WDW. You want to go back. Time after time after time... And it will be especially weird the first time you enter DLP again... :-\ . We couldn't help but compare like EVERYTHING in DLP to WDW. Which is the worst thing you can do... And than the misery starts... Because you can't compare them. They are so different. WDW has such a different layout, approach, filosophy, history than DLP. DLP suffered from so many drawbacks, while WDW did nothing but florish... But I'm a true believer DLP will sparkle and shine again now TWDC has the reins firmly back in hand...  :D

So... Though we still love DLP, we're just plain hooked on WDW. And not just on WDW, also on Florida/ USA! The problem is, of course, you can't just 'pop by' at WDW, while DLP is a little more 'accessible'  ;D . But everytime I think "gosh, I would like to pay a visit to DLP again", I catch myself thinking one second later: "No, I rather safe my money and go back to WDW in a few years..."  :-[ . Yes, it's a tragedy...  ;) . So, don't make the same mistake I made... Go to WDW, have a lot of fun, but try not to have to much fun... Try to see the WDW/DLP-ratio in the right proportions. DO NOT COMPARE THEM!  :P  Think of the charm DLP has  :) . Or you will end like me... Totally addicted to this drug (WDW) you can't get your hands on... And feeling you have to 'settle' with a lesser additive  :D .

I'm a bit overreacting, of course... I still adore DLP, in its own right. It has its charm and it was my first love... But I also love WDW. And maybe, just because WDW's more distant, it has that special appeal. Also, I've been to DLP umtich times, and 'only' been in WDW twice. So I feel like I've a lot of cathing up to do  ;D . And you have to admit. If you play your cards right, and you do a little research, it's perfectly possible to visit WDW for just a couple of hundreds more than DLP. Because if you compare the rates for tickets and hotels in DLP with those in WDW... You can also easily book a hotel or villa in the nearer Disney area. You will save tremendously! The main problem are these d*mn costly flight tickets  ::) . And of course, to most people, a trip to WDW is a little more hassle than a trip to DLP... Visiting WDW more frequently isn't a utopia anymore. I know a lot (well, not a lot, but a few  ;) ) people who visit WDW much more often than DLP!

Have you got a date yet, to visit WDW? Flights? Accommodations? Tickets? Tell me, tell me, tell me!  :)

Grtz,
Syl.

tubbsy

Lol! Not helping at all!!! :D
No, no date as of yet. We have priced it up and waiting for the dining plan to come around again-which I am sure it will! It certainly makes perfect sense.
We have spoilt ourselves in DLP going dining plan plus so really want to make the most of some of the restaurants in the park and avoid the fast food trap.
We did look at villas, etc, but as Rob has additional needs, we think a resort within WDW would make most sense.
We're thinking the Caribbean resort and it will be for two weeks.
We will do Universal as Steph and Rob would love to do the Harry Potter world (even though we were spolit last year and went to the Harry Potter Studios!)
Any advice will be gratefully received!!!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

THIS IS IT! I AM COMMITING ADULTERY ON DLP!!!!!  :o

We go this August!
We're staying in a villa in Kissimmee and have 14 days of Disney fun ahead of us!

It was so hard to decide though-what with the Ratatouille Ride opening .....
Well, its done and dusted now! Tell everybody we're on our way!

Any advice will be gratefully received on how we should best spend our time :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: tubbsy on January 04, 2014, 08:25:06 PM
THIS IS IT! I AM COMMITING ADULTERY ON DLP!!!!!  :o

We go this August!
We're staying in a villa in Kissimmee and have 14 days of Disney fun ahead of us!

It was so hard to decide though-what with the Ratatouille Ride opening .....
Well, its done and dusted now! Tell everybody we're on our way!

Any advice will be gratefully received on how we should best spend our time :D

www.easywdw.com - best site for it, Josh is an absolute legend over there.

A lot of people take far too little time to enjoy Animal Kingdom, spend a few days here, especially later on in the day.

Do not miss Fantasmic! - In my opinion it's on par with Dreams, it's utterly fantastic.

Infact don't miss ANY of the night entertainment, Main Street Electric Parade, Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic will all be on. Miss none.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

tubbsy

Great! Thank you :D And thank you for writing it twice! I was just a little excited that we booked the holiday yesterday!  ::)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Rapunzel1

And for your daughter. We saw peter pan and tinkerbell in Magic kingdom. And we have the photo's to prove it :-)