Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)

Started by mehdi5, March 02, 2007, 09:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Reading into the delay of Prince of Persia; if you consider that the movie was announced with a release date before cast, and company were established there was very little optimism in the movie being out for its Summer 2009 release.

However the recent delay is due to the speculated strikes sometime in the future and with the movie taking a massive push in for the CGI, and Special effects the delay is to allow a heavy allowance  on these so that the movie reaches expectations...

If that made any sense...

mehdi5

Don't think the effects and CGI are the only reasons for the delay, the former release date was very close to Transformers 2, wich is very much hyped and if Disney kept the release date before a sequel like Transformers 2 it would've propably suffered the same faith Narnia 2 had with Indiana Jones.

peep

^Its not down to release dates of other films as its being moved to another period where lots of major films are in the works, I'm starting to hate the team at Buena Vista with their release dates, they seem to always get it so wrong. If I remember correctly it would be coming out roughly the same time as Iron Man 2.

It sounds like the main reason for re-scheduling is down to the fear of an actors strike and I think some other form of strike thats in the works. Hopefully everything goes ok as this has the potential to be an awesome film.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

There's an article on Jim Hill:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jimhillm ... ersia.aspx

Though it doesn't really tell you anything new.

Sounds like the extra time is most likely to do the effects work on-budget, and to let Disney properly ramp itself up to launch a major franchise (yuk, horrible word) with all the related hype, promotions and merchandise.

The Butlin Boy

The first pics of the Prince himself have appeared online:

Clean comments please ladies  :roll:  :wink:
[spoiler:ct33z7oi][/spoiler:ct33z7oi]

Source: Just Jared

peep

I think he really looks the part, so similar to the game character.

Anthony

Very alike the game character, yeah! I didn't expect him to suit it that well at all. Although his hair does look like a giant wig...

The rest is a bit... uhm... 12A/PG-13 for a Walt Disney Pictures film. Is he shirtless for the whole film? This might be one character we won't see (outside) at DLRP.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Clean comments please ladies  :roll:  :wink:
Who are you calling a lady? :P

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"

Awkward moment! :wink:  :lol:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"Very alike the game character, yeah! I didn't expect him to suit it that well at all. Although his hair does look like a giant wig...

The rest is a bit... uhm... 12A/PG-13 for a Walt Disney Pictures film. Is he shirtless for the whole film? This might be one character we won't see (outside) at DLRP.

Although very alike the game character he's not in the same shape that the games character is   and looks podgey that again takes me back to one of my original comments on the idea of Jake as Dastin but then thinking about it I could probably do no better!

Well I hope thats not all his costume otherwise Its going to be very uncomfortable watching that movie with a drooling Wendybird1! Looking over the P.O.P. Games the Prince is usually somewhat shoulder covered and occasionally the very few and far between pieces of cloth across the torso! But the costume would look like a Female Beach Volleyball outfit!

The Butlin Boy

First picture of Ben Kingsley in POP ( :P ) has appeared online:

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=49649

Anthony

First footage!

[youtube:3g22opuk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUnoO17ZJgM[/youtube:3g22opuk]

I'm now hoping this'll be as great as we hope purely on the chance it might lead to an attraction or land...

peep

Great find Anthony! Looks epic, just what we want.

The Butlin Boy

Wow, the film is looking really strong right now. I''m looking forward to this being released next year, it should be great :)

Anthony

First official image from the film:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/07 ... ersia.html

Looking good on all levels.

mehdi5

Looks great, i like how they re-made the costume from Warrior Within.