Newbie needs help

Started by louellabella, September 10, 2013, 07:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louellabella

Hello!

This park is my ultimate home but I just can't seem to get it right!

I am a trained dancer and have danced in the Mardi Gras parades at the park, auditioned to work as a parade performer several times getting through all the rounds but not all in the same day so I can't be a write off surely!

I worked in the park for 4 months during 2011 in Hyperion and later in the year for a two week halloween cdd at Ben and Jerry's and the restaurants along main street. My aim being to attend the internal auditions but I finished my contract before they came along.

I work as Cinderella, Repunzel,  and Aurora and children's birthday parties in London but the park is where I want to grow my career and grow. I'm not even fussed about being a face character just to dance would make me more than happy. My long term goal is to climb the ladder in the epc department and become a casting director or the entertainment manager in the park.

There is an audition on Thursday in London, I'm not sure whether to email Daniel Harding a photo of me as a princess and see what he says or to ask him for an internship working along side the epc team. I get emails of the Disneyland and World internships all the time but have no visa to apply for them. I'd love to know how it all works, what they look for in everyone, how they plan the shows and the character 1 timetables.

I've never been on a forum before but you guys look like you know what you're talking about and any help or advise I can get would be wonderful please! Am I wasting my time? Will I ever break through?

No idea how to upload a photo my facebook is https://www.facebook.com/louella.adamson