Milk ..... And pin trading bags!

Started by tubbsy, July 31, 2013, 10:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

No, I havent quite lost the plot! Not yet, anyway!
Two completely separate questions!

I am after a pin trading bag-I have looked on ebay and Disneystore-Disneystore arent doing them anymore and the ebay ones look really small. Can you still get pin trading bags in DLP?

And question two-Milk-can you get that from the train station? And if so, when staying on site, will we have to go through security to get to the shop? (Havent been since the new security tents have been put in place so not sure where they are, apart from the one down by HNY.

Cheers all!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

littlebitofpixiedust

Not sure about the train station but there is a petrol station near the Santa fe hotel that sells everything not far to walk from HNY also in all the hotel shops you can buy small kids carton wich is what we tend to do every evening.
Can't help you with the other question sorry!

tubbsy

DH did say that if it came to it he would drive out there, so great minds think alike :)
Thanks!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

sclubpooh153

I have an original pin trading bag and some pins that I am loooking to sell.  Let me know if you are interested.

gemma2806

The hotel shops do stock cartons of milk as littlebitofoixiedust has said. This is a much better and far less time consuming option than heading out the resort.

If they do sell it at the train station you would need to pass through the security tent just after HNY and then on returning you would need to pass through the security tent towards the park entrance to Disney Village (they have made sort of a huge one way type system to try to speed things up but personally I think it slows things down!)

tubbsy

Well, I think we will be relying on the firdge in the hotel shops! Its better if we can avoid going through securty twice. Thanks guys :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

nathalie

There are still pin trading bags, only a few shops though, and I believe it has the 20th anniversary logo on it.

tubbsy

OOH! Thanks nathalie :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

hawian rollercoaster

hi there is a mini supermarket within the train station now which wouldnt have been there on your last visit its really good much cheaper than the garage.

captain rocket

Just a little advice for you Tubbsy, I got back from the New York last night.
1 The bar is closed for its "annual holiday! The bar has moved to the Manhattan restaurant and is called, if my memory is working, the Ambassador bar. I don't know if they are still serving food, but drinks are available outside which is a godsend in the evening when it is a little cooler (it was 37C in the Studios yesterday!
2 Because there is no Manhattan restaurant, breakfast is taken in the aircraft hanger sized convention centre! We had breakfast at 07.00 and it was quiet and civilised, but I can imagine it being very crowded later!
3 The ice rink outside has some strange "Zorb" like devices for kids to play in. 10 Euros for 10 minutes! And most parents seemed  to spend some time pushing the things around as it seemed too much for little kids!
Have a great stay, I know you have'nt been for a while and are really looking forwars to it!

tubbsy

Oh thank you Captain Rocket! :D
*Now wondering how to avoid the zorbs! DS loves them! Lol!*

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

captain rocket

Pretend to be lazy and take the bus!! If not then be prepared to push those Zorbs!! Hope its slightly cooler for you than for us, I even had an afternoon back sitting by the lake to cool down!

tubbsy

Well, he has his pocket money to spend that he's been saving for a build your own ight sabre .... three goes on zorbs or the light sabre .... I think the sabre will win! Lol!
As for the heat, the forecast is looking hot on Monday, then cooling down with occasional showers. Fingers crossed!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Samninetysix

Wifey normally gets her pin trading bags from the "Kodak shop" on Main Street - or have they stopped selling them??

tubbsy

Pin bags were very thin on the ground-Kodak shop had one-and I dont mean one style-I mean ONE!
DH found one on Main Street which is lovely and now houses all my pins safely :) Its a 20th Anniversary one. We could see Jack Sparrow, Minnie Mouse, the one I eventually got and a Disneyland Paris one. But it really took some hunting.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia