What happend to Moteurs Action ?

Started by Farbauti, June 20, 2013, 06:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

I like Moteurs Action, a stunt show fits well into the film Studio theme of the park, but we skip it on some visits because it doesn't stay fresh for us like some of their other rides and attractions. We didn't see it last year so I can't comment on more recent cuts, but I do remember the jet-ski scene which was cut along time ago, they did make the show more spectacular.
It's the same with Armageddon, I really like the effects show and again it fits well into the Studios, but all that chat in French in the pre-show feels too long, so we don't always bother. I saw it once with an English speaking Cm and the pre-show was so much more enjoyable.
Ed & David

BigDisneyFn

I say close this and use this space for FANTASMIC (world of colour style show)

captain rocket

If you removed the show you would be left with a massive hole to fill as I believe the capacity is 3000, where would all those pepole go to if there was no show? They would make the queues for rides like Crush even more unbearable!!
They could only show Fantasmic in the dark, so in the summer and with all DLRP financial woes I would think they could only afford one show so no Dreams?

ed-uk

Well I think Fantasmic and World of Colour are both out for the foreseeable future. The Studios could do with some nighttime entertainment but the park would have to close later. The park needs to expand with more rides and attraction first. And places to explore.
Ed & David

999ghosts

Just back from a weekend at DLP and still the same as mentioned above. This is a terrible move by Disney. My son used to love the stuntshow but was so dissapointed. He said this is no stunt show anymore.

Let us hope Disney will do something about this. But in the state as it is today, and if they can't improve it anymore, they should start thinking about removing it.
The Magic - seen from different points of view... //http://blog.mousekingdom.com
Disneyland Resort Paris //http://www.DLP-Guide.com
Twitter //http://twitter.com/Mousekingdom

Festival Disney

It's completely rubbish and not worth watching anymore.

The major things that I noticed last week;
The red car doesn't do a jump over the lorry on to the air cushin anymore,
The villain doesn't fall off the roof anymore,
The line of flame no longer works - they light the guy with a lighter  :?
Of course, the Jet Ski went ages ago...
And last week, the hero car didn't even jump accross the water at the final  :idea:
The Lightning McQueen part is dire, too.

It's completely ridiculous when they show you the film at the end, showing all the stunts that either didn't happen or have been changed!!
I feel sorry for the stunt men. It must be so frustrating with all these cutbacks.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Mileto

We just came back from DLPR. We saw the show for the first time and I actually didn't know about all these removed scenes. Now I understand your dissapointment. We saw some tricks on the screen and asked ourselfes if that was a programm for special cases or what.

Actually this is our first time at the Studios, previous years we stayed only in the park. I can say that there is a reason for that. You go to the studios once and then nothing special attracts you again (maybe a little bit Crush coaster and some of the other shows).

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

TheDisneyMagic

As of last week still no jump scenes at all, makes the reverse car scene and the finale a very strange experience.

On a side note, when did Opel drop sponsorship? All of the cars have had their badges covered over. (The video footage on the large screen hasn't blanked them out though)

TheDisneyMagic

If you take of Dedicated to DLP they have an article summarising eventDLP and I quote:
"Moteurs... Action! Stunt Show Spectacular will go back to normal in the coming months – some of the missing parts were due to technical difficulties that will be overcome soon"

The entire article can be read here: http://dedicatedtodlp.com/2013/09/27/huge-massive-refurbishments-coming-disneyland-paris/

Fingers crossed this does come to fruition.

Kristof

Joe Schott explained it had to do with safety, but the show will go back to normal in a few months time.  :)

fiyero

I saw the show yesterday and wish I hadn't bothered. I already knew the jetski was long gone and the man falling off the building was gone but didn't expect the stripped down version we got.
None of the jumps that involved the truck! Not sure if we got all the other car jumps but there were some.
The trucks and market were all set up but not used for a jump, not even used to hide lightning mcQueen, they just showed a trailer.
The final jump was a motorbike instead of a car.

I know it has been said they would rather some show than  no show but still. We didn't even have the motorbike warm up tricks at the start.

With the tram tour and armageddon closed at the morning the studios are really lacking on back stage stuff.

IamMerida

I went last April and found the show absolutely amazing. Many car jumps and falling thugs. Didn't know it had changed since then?

DisneyManiac

Olliebobs

No car jumps or falling thugs last week and the whole Cars bit was boring beyond belief. Really thought it lacked the action of the previous years we have seen it.

SGregory27

Quote from: Olliebobs on March 22, 2014, 11:09:27 PM
No car jumps or falling thugs last week and the whole Cars bit was boring beyond belief. Really thought it lacked the action of the previous years we have seen it.

Thanks for the update. We are going next week. We were very disappointed with it last Feb, so hearing that nothing has got better since then, means we can miss it this time.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL