Is there anyything you WONT do?

Started by tubbsy, June 14, 2013, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

OK, so having a conversation with my DD and DS,
We are really hoping to ride BTM in the dark this time (Our last trip 3 years ago) poor ol' BTM kept breaking down and we only managed to get on it twice.
But, both kids have said "No" to Phantom Manor (They have done it previously but really arent keen) and my son has announced this morning that he doesnt want to do ToT either ... and to be honest, I am with him on that one! (Yes, yes, cluck, cluck!)

I am a HUGE chicken, so wont do RC or the parachutes either! (I like a good cup of coffee and I am great at holding bags and taking photos, so I do have my uses on a Disney holiday)

So, it got me wondering, is there any rides or experiences you wont do?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

littlebitofpixiedust

Only one I havnt/won't do is the RC racer think I would throw up! TOT is amazing though! I didn't go on it for the first few trips but then my dad (scared of rides) braved it and I thought well if he can do it I can! Lol... And it isn't as bad as it actually looks.
Have fun! :)

never2old

I thought I was OK on all rides (I used to be terrified of RnRC but it's now one of my favourites, and it took me some time to go on TOT for the first time, but once more I now really enjoy it) But when we were there last time I realised I couldn't face going on the RC Racer again, it really scared me!! I have been once on it and I don't actually remember it being that bad, but when we were standing next to it last year... I just couldnt do it  :oops:

I also can't do Star Tours. I love it, but it just makes me sick :(

littlebitofpixiedust

Least u braved the rc I know I'd puke! I love star tours also :)

tubbsy

I went on the Pirate Ship at Legoland in Windsor and when I got off the ship the lady opposite said to me-"Thank you so much for not throwing up on me!"  :lol:
So I think I defninately need to avoid RC!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

SwipatronSparks

only thing we wont do is the river bat around frontireland (molly brown) not after we got stuck on the thing for nearly 2 hours one visit.... we said after that never again, its not a ride we miss to be honest....
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

littlebitofpixiedust

It's funny we havnt been on that at any visit until 2 yrs ago and we really enjoyed it lol and yes tubbsy avoid it then lol x

tubbsy

Lol! People will be relieved I wont be going on it! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

gemma2806

Rock 'n' roller coaster, Space Mountain Mission 2 and Indiana Jones Temple of Peril.

I am terrified of the thought of going upside down on a roller coaster in case I fall out or the restraints fail ( one to many horror films for me!) so I've always avoided these types of rides both at Disney and other theme parks too.

SwipatronSparks

the likely hood of you actually falling out of the restraints is very very low places like disneyland have a massive risk assessment that has to be carried out each and every day the thing is probably thousands of pages thick, and with technology today if there was a problem with the restraints the car wouldnt be able to leave the station let alone get far enough for a loop, and you spend very little time actually upside down maybe a couple of seconds at the most (especially on rides at disneyland as the loops on the rides there are quite small) alot of the time your close to it but not fully upside down, again if the ride where to break down you couldnt get stuck as the emergency breaks only work on right side up track again part of health and safety being stuck upside down is dangerous for obvious reasons but its a huge safety risk for evacuation if someone is upside down because gravity is fickle that way =]

not saying that should change your mind or anything but i figured i would put forward my two cents =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

jax

Hi,  been to DLRP every year since 1999,  took me about 10 years to do RNRC and Indiana Jones.   Since riding them they are my favourite rides.  =D>
 Have been on RC once and felt extremely ill afterwards so will not do it again. :mrgreen:

norhel

For me I would say no to roller coasters and ToT, due to the fact that I'm comfortable to ride it.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

A&S&O

We won't do Space Mountain anymore - its too painful on the head.
We used to love it but it changed around the time they rethemed it - don't know if its a coincidence or if they changed anything with the cars or track.
It might be because we're short, but our heads shake and get battered by th lockdown bars.

Much preferred the old theming anyway.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

amanda08

Tot for me - I so wish I could bring myself to ride this! I managed to persuarde myself to RC Racer last October and OMG!!!!!!! I can not even begin to put into words how terrified I was!! I actually clamped myself so tight in the seat that I strained a muscle in my calf - no Idea how I did it and I had a limp for 2 days after!

So, Tot, I decided I would go in it in our trip a few weeks ago, because I was very curious to see the inside of it and I knew there was a chicken exit lol
Anyway, once we got in, I was terrified incase I could not get out!! and the CM's can smell fear - one was especially creepy and kept scaring the living daylights out of me!
Once we got to the lifts, I said (in a panicy voice no doubt) to the CM that I needed the exit and would not be riding. She told me to follow DH to lift 8 and I repeated "no, no, I need to get OFF" but she kept pointing towards the lift. I was nearly crying at this point lol. Just as I was about to have a complete breakdown, she opened the exit door. I have never been so relieved in my life!!!

So, Tot - I just can not see myself ever being able to ride on it. I guess anything that makes me feel like a am free falling it just out for me :(

mickeyspal

Quote from: "A&S&O"We won't do Space Mountain anymore - its too painful on the head.
We used to love it but it changed around the time they rethemed it - don't know if its a coincidence or if they changed anything with the cars or track.
It might be because we're short, but our heads shake and get battered by th lockdown bars.

Much preferred the old theming anyway.
I've not been on Space Mountain since 2006 for the very same reason; head is battered about too much, so making it less enjoyable. I'm also short 5'2", but my son is 6'3" and he doesn't go on it anymore as he feels uncomfortable in the seats once the bar comes over his head, he also feels his head is thrown about.
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean