Any hidden gems??

Started by loulou169, June 09, 2013, 08:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou169

Hi,

Im off to DLP in March 2014 and this will be me and my two girls third visit.  :D/

I feel like Ive seen and done most things there but was wondering if there are any hidden things to see or do at DLP that we may have missed on our previous visits!

Ive heard of the Descent of the Stairs which I never knew about and will be doing, so if anyone has anything that I may have missed please let me know!!

And thank you in advance x  ;)
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

Elaine

depending on the age of your girls, I'd do a guided tour of the main park or the studios park.

I'd take them to the Disneyland Hotel (if you're not staying there) for breakfast one morning (anyone can do this, no matter where you are staying, and its not that expensive).

ride Big Thunder Mountain, Dumbo and Teacups all in the dark (soooo pretty).

Have you done Art of Animation? The end room is accessible without having to go through the rest of the attraction and the end room is full of Disney movie memorabilia, interactive games, and a fabulous little Gallery shop.

julesk

What a lovely idea about doing rides in dark, never thought of that.

loulou169

Ah thanks! The rides in the dark sounds brilliant!! I've never thought about that before! How to do go about having breakfast in the Disneyland Hotel? I've not done Art of Imagination either so will definitely try it. I'm gonna make a list of all the ideas ill get and take it with me to tick off!

Elaine

Quote from: "loulou169"Ah thanks! The rides in the dark sounds brilliant!! I've never thought about that before! How to do go about having breakfast in the Disneyland Hotel? I've not done Art of Imagination either so will definitely try it. I'm gonna make a list of all the ideas ill get and take it with me to tick off!

you just go to the Disneyland hotel restaurants (on the 1st floor up the staircase) and tell the greeter there that you are not staying in the hotel and you'd like to pay for breakfast. Its currently around 14 euros per adult, 6 euros per child over 2 and under 12, and free for under-3s. You can't book this in advance. We usually go towards the end of EMH, maybe 9.30am or so, and relax over it. Its a varied selection of hot and cold items, so we usually have it as brunch, then we're not needing any other meals until dinner time  ;) .

tubbsy

And this is why Iove this forum!
Sorry to jump on your thread but-I have just googled the guided tours having just read your hidden gems (Guess what site I was directed to? Yep DLRPMagic!)  It looks really interesting!
I also like the idea of a breakfast in Inventions. May I ask, are there characters wandering around as there are at lunch and dinner?
Now to persuade the better half...
:stitch:
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/servi ... ded-tours/

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Elaine

at breakfast in the DLH, the characters are not in the restaurant and they don't come around the tables. Instead, they are situated at and near the entrance to the restaurant, so you can meet one or 2 on your way in, and  a couple on the way out. You might also find one or 2 other characters in the foyer of the DLH on your way to and from the restaurants.

tubbsy

Thanks Elaine :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

BlackPearl

Hi, loulou169,
if you haven't done it yet, why not try and find the treasure inside the caves or the storeroom of the Robinson's treehouse.
Have a fabulous trip next year!  :D

Bigkidatheart

It's not really hidden but so many people still don't realise there is a dragon in the lair under the castle. Used to scare my kids to death.

Elaine

Also the character meet n greet inside the Disneyland Hotel on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 4pm or 5pm, depending on season. Its  a great way to meet 4 or 5 characters in a much more relaxed setting compared to the park scrums.

loulou169

Hi thanks all for your replies and blackpearl, I will definitely try that. Last year we went on the tree but my kids were so excited they literally ran up it and then down so fast I didn't see anything!! Lol

julesk

Quote from: "Elaine"at breakfast in the DLH, the characters are not in the restaurant and they don't come around the tables. Instead, they are situated at and near the entrance to the restaurant, so you can meet one or 2 on your way in, and  a couple on the way out. You might also find one or 2 other characters in the foyer of the DLH on your way to and from the restaurants.

Elaine, sorry can I ask? Do you queue to see these charactors like at the other hotels or are they just wondering around? Thanks

Elaine

its a mix - right outside the restaurant is one of the DLH photo spots, its a fireplace and thats where the characters do their queued meet n greets.

Wherever else you may find them wandering around, its not queued and the characters are looking for a hug lol.

jeakat24

Try to find the "throne" in the caves in Adventureland. We spent so much time doing this and it was a great way to explore Adventure Isle! It's not obvious either so we probably walked passed it three or four times and didn't see it- all good fun though!  :D

Try and spot hidden Mickeys. We usually turn it into a game of who can spot the most during the trip.

And I know this sounds really silly but stand in different places for the parades if you don't already.  We didn't realise until our fifth or sixth trip that we would always stand near Harringtons on Main Street for the parade.  :oops:  Sometimes we'd be on the opposite side of Main Street but we were obviously getting the same view pretty much every time! I don't know how we didn't realise this! So now we try to stand on the train platform, central plaza, and our next one is to watch it in Fantasyland, all of which make for a completely different viewing experience as well as different photo opportunities!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge