This is very silly but ...

Started by tubbsy, June 07, 2013, 10:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

I know three years is WAY too long!
But my husband was serving in the army up until January and we could never plan any holidays-Back in 2002 we got three months notice to move to Brunei! It was an amazing life but it is great to think we are now living in ( a lot) easier reach of the magic :)

We've been wathcing DLRPmagic ride and show films on youtube and our old videos from previous trips :)
Its getting closer! WOOHOO! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

littlebitofpixiedust

Bet u cannot wait! :) what is August like at Disney? We've never braved it! And well you and your hubby deserve some fun if he's always away make the most of it and enjoy every moment x

tubbsy

Thank you :)
Disney in August - Its mad! Very, very busy!  :lol:  :lol:  But we've done it three times and come back with smiles on our faces so it cant be that bad!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

littlebitofpixiedust

I hope u all have a fab time! X

disney_mama

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"Hey Disney mama were staying in the sequioa also and the same dates lol! We've stayed there the most times.. Lost count! We've done them all know! So exited :) and tubbsy 3 years is long! We go every march and sept and it feels like  ages since we went! Miss it soo much my son loves watching the 10 things to know before u go on you tube that they play over there in the hotels LOL what have I done to him?!

How funny we're there at the same time  :D  we're so excited to be taking our little boy for the first time - he's a big disney nut like his mummy :-)
We're in a Montana room - I wanted GF but after such bad reviews I've not bothered upgrading x
[size=150]Taking my Little Boy to meet Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear in September, staying for 4 nights at the Sequoia Lodge

DLRP 2006 Hotel Cheyenne
2008 2009, 2010 The Marriott
[/size]

tubbsy

I did look at upgrading to a GF room but we have premier meal vouchers and we would lose them! (???) We really want to spil ourselves this hols so we didnt bother.
Talking of which, restaurants booked this evening and money for ferry left my account today :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

littlebitofpixiedust

Hey Disney mama :) were also in a Montana room we looked into the golden forest also but I'm not sure it'd be worth the extra? To be honest every hotel we've stayed in we have had a great time wether its been a standard at the Santa fe or a terraced room at the Disneyland hotel! I think there's many people who probably can't afford to go so I count my lucky stars we can go as often as we do!
Hope your little boy loves it! I'm sure he will :D I mean what kid don't love Disneyland?! Especially if he's like you lol

P.s I am not sure how u do the quote thing??!

tubbsy

Hi littlebitofpixiedust-If you look at the rop right of peoples messages you will see quote-click on that :) Should quote if for you :)

I completely agree-we are so lucky to be alble to go to Disney at all-wherever we get to stay :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "tubbsy"Hi littlebitofpixiedust-If you look at the rop right of peoples messages you will see quote-click on that :) Should quote if for you :)

I completely agree-we are so lucky to be alble to go to Disney at all-wherever we get to stay :)

Thankyou tubbsy!! I'll see if I get it right lol... And I love it here btw! I love reading and talking about Disney and its nice when I know people share same views as me :) so what hotel is your fav anyway ?

julesk

Quote from: "tubbsy"I did look at upgrading to a GF room but we have premier meal vouchers and we would lose them! (???) We really want to spil ourselves this hols so we didnt bother.
Talking of which, restaurants booked this evening and money for ferry left my account today :)

So excited for you all Tubbsy, sounds like this trip is very overdue for your family. We are hoping to book on Monday for next year  [-o< .

Cant wait to read your trip report. Premium meal vouchers are so worth there weight in gold. We would never look back now. Planning Buffallo Bills, Princess meal and 2 x Inventions next time   :D/

tubbsy

Yay! Littlebitofpixiedust :D
Thank you julesk :) We are all excited. Its probably the last year our 18 year old comes with us as she starts uni in September (Yeah, right! "Steph we are going to Disney and of course, now you are at uni, we're guessing  you dont want to come with us." LIke thats going to happen!)

We had great fun choosing the restaurants. My husband doesnt like Buffalo Bills food :( But we have done it twice, so its OK.
We are doing Inventions twice, Cafe Mickey, Walts, The Steakhouse in the village and (A first time for us) The Blue Lagoon :)

Favourite hotel ... Urm ... Well, we were completely and utterly spoilt last time we stayed in NPB, so it wins at the moment..... But any hotel in the magic is fine by me! :)
Want to see how spoilt we were? This is our trip report from three years ago!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9687

What are your favourite hotels?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "tubbsy"Yay! Littlebitofpixiedust :D
Thank you julesk :) We are all excited. Its probably the last year our 18 year old comes with us as she starts uni in September (Yeah, right! "Steph we are going to Disney and of course, now you are at uni, we're guessing  you dont want to come with us." LIke thats going to happen!)

We had great fun choosing the restaurants. My husband doesnt like Buffalo Bills food :( But we have done it twice, so its OK.
We are doing Inventions twice, Cafe Mickey, Walts, The Steakhouse in the village and (A first time for us) The Blue Lagoon :)

Favourite hotel ... Urm ... Well, we were completely and utterly spoilt last time we stayed in NPB, so it wins at the moment..... But any hotel in the magic is fine by me! :)
Want to see how spoilt we were? This is our trip report from three years ago!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9687

The Disneyland hotel was amazing! Not sure we will ever afford it again.. But the new York we love and the sequioa but we like them all :)
What are your favourite hotels?

JediBUZ

Quote from: "tubbsy"I did look at upgrading to a GF room but we have premier meal vouchers and we would lose them! (???) We really want to spil ourselves this hols so we didnt bother.

Why would you loose the Premium vouchers by upgrading to Golden Forest Club?
We are staying in the Golden Forest Club with Full Board Premium.
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

JediBUZ

I understand why you would loose them now,  I contacted disney about upgrading to a room with a lake view.  It's because the have to re cost from scratch as the offer used when booked is no longer available.  The offer now is free half board and you can only have the half board to what your hotel is, ie Sequoia is plus and Disneyland hotel is Premium.   So I would loose my premium or pay a lot more to have it.   I couldn't even upgrade to a lake view, booo.
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

tubbsy

Its a shame isnt it? I mean we were looking to improve on our plan and we cant. Ah well, at least we are going :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia