Character and Parade Tips and Info

Started by genybean, April 23, 2013, 02:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genybean

Hey! So I thought I'd start a new topic specifically for performers as I know I get confused when I hear about people auditioning for restaurant and store jobs as I associate 'auditioning' with performing. I thought it would be easier to keep all the performing stuff on the one post so we could get answers to questions and find info more easily.

Hope you're all well.

x

swooddow

great! , this is going to be so useful as finally now the whole 2 week thing for operational peeps won't get confused with the 6 months for performance roles ! haha , confused me at the start.

Thanks again

Sam :)

genybean

Yeah that's what kept confusing me too, cause it's called the talent pool too and I was all kinds of confused. Xoxo

genybean

Has anyone on here got a character or parade contract for summer? xoxo

DisneyG83

I hope I'm posting this on the right thread haha! Would be embarrassing if I wasn't  :oops:

I have a burning question as a person who is hoping to audition to work for Disney as a performer. How strict are they on looks? I mean, I know face characters have to resemble the Disney characters, of course! Otherwise it wouldn't make sense.
The only reason I'm asking is because I have a fang that sticks out from the rest of my teeth.

//http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Geo_rgie93/securedownload_zps003e9895.jpg
Here is a link to a photo of myself so you can see what I mean more clearly, it's not as bad as it used to be but it's still noticeable.

So will I have less of a chance because of this? Is it worth getting braces and then trying to audition in a few years time? I don't know. Some of you guys know what they are looking for so I hope you can help xx
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

genybean

Hey!! I just came across your post. I honestly wouldn't let something as minor as that stop you from auditioning. I've seen people with pretty noticeable moles etc get approved for face characters and even if they felt you wouldn't be suited to a face character, you would most definitely still be considered for a parade and/or character job. There are auditions at the end of this month in both Leeds and London so if you're interested I'd say give it a go. At least if you go you're giving yourself some kinda of chance. If you don't go the answer can only be no :) xoxo

DisneyG83

Quote from: "genybean"Hey!! I just came across your post. I honestly wouldn't let something as minor as that stop you from auditioning. I've seen people with pretty noticeable moles etc get approved for face characters and even if they felt you wouldn't be suited to a face character, you would most definitely still be considered for a parade and/or character job. There are auditions at the end of this month in both Leeds and London so if you're interested I'd say give it a go. At least if you go you're giving yourself some kinda of chance. If you don't go the answer can only be no :) xoxo

Thanks for replying. Yeah, the snow white I met in my last trip had a mole that was on show so I didn't know whether they were picky or not.
I would audition at the end of the month but as I'm a university student, I'd have to wait to audition for Disney's summer contract, which I guess are the auditions around March time?
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

genybean

Yeah if you want a summer contract the best time to go is in March. Technically, you have upto 6 months before you're free as you have 6 months on the waiting list but I would it's more likely you would get a summer contract from the March audition. xoxo

DisneyG83

Quote from: "genybean"Yeah if you want a summer contract the best time to go is in March. Technically, you have upto 6 months before you're free as you have 6 months on the waiting list but I would it's more likely you would get a summer contract from the March audition. xoxo

Thank you for the advice :D
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

sunsetsuzie

Hey people. This site is new to me so I don't even no if I am posting this correctly. Anyway, I am from Scotland I have an HND in Acting and Preformance and will be going on to do an Acting degree this year. I also have got about 5 years dance expieriance. I have always wanted to audition for disney as a character or parade performer however I want to continue my studies so a summer contract would suit me best.  If I wanted to go for a summer contract (2014) when is the best time to audition?  I no there is auditions in Leeds and London throughout the year.  I will also give u a link to two of my head shots for advice and if you think that I could even be face character. I have done a lot of research and I no you have to really show up on the day and have exactly what there looking for. Any advice and tips are all welcome.  Also is there any direct email address you can send CV and information to?

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a50 ... 61505f.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a50 ... fe2e8e.jpg

Thanks guys x

sunsetsuzie

Hey people. This site is new to me so I don't even no if I am posting this correctly. Anyway, I am from Scotland I have an HND in Acting and Preformance and will be going on to do an Acting degree this year. I also have got about 5 years dance expieriance. I have always wanted to audition for disney as a character or parade performer however I want to continue my studies so a summer contract would suit me best.  If I wanted to go for a summer contract (2014) when is the best time to audition?  I no there is auditions in Leeds and London throughout the year.  I will also give u a link to two of my head shots for advice and if you think that I could even be face character. I have done a lot of research and I no you have to really show up on the day and have exactly what there looking for. Any advice and tips are all welcome.  Also is there any direct email address you can send CV and information to?

Thanks guys x

DisneyG83

Quote from: "sunsetsuzie"Hey people. This site is new to me so I don't even no if I am posting this correctly. Anyway, I am from Scotland I have an HND in Acting and Preformance and will be going on to do an Acting degree this year. I also have got about 5 years dance expieriance. I have always wanted to audition for disney as a character or parade performer however I want to continue my studies so a summer contract would suit me best.  If I wanted to go for a summer contract (2014) when is the best time to audition?  I no there is auditions in Leeds and London throughout the year.  I will also give u a link to two of my head shots for advice and if you think that I could even be face character. I have done a lot of research and I no you have to really show up on the day and have exactly what there looking for. Any advice and tips are all welcome.  Also is there any direct email address you can send CV and information to?

Thanks guys x

I think for a summer contract the best time to audition would be March time! But don't quote me on that. You are really pretty!!!  :D  I think you'd make a lovely Disney princess! But at the end of the day, it all depends what casting is looking for!
Have you looked here: //http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/entertainment/our-auditions
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

sunsetsuzie

Hey thanks for the reply and comments.  I read some of the posts above, are you looking to audition for a summer contract too?  I no on the disney audition callender it updates new auditons every month or so, the ones on it jut now are for October contracts.  I am defo going to go for it next year and give it a shot. You should too. I think a lot of it is to do with your movements and personality you have got to be very DISNEY and over the top lol. :)

DisneyG83

Quote from: "sunsetsuzie"Hey thanks for the reply and comments.  I read some of the posts above, are you looking to audition for a summer contract too?  I no on the disney audition callender it updates new auditons every month or so, the ones on it jut now are for October contracts.  I am defo going to go for it next year and give it a shot. You should too. I think a lot of it is to do with your movements and personality you have got to be very DISNEY and over the top lol. :)

Yeah I'm planning on auditioning at Leeds next year and give it my best shot. Oh trust me, I'm very Disney haha! Nearly 20 and I'm Disney mad.  :ears:
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

genybean

Hey suzie! Where did you do your HND and where are you doing your degree? I did both and I and also from Scotland! Hehe! Yeah I would probably say if you're interested in summer contracts to audition either in the January so you have until June to get a call or in March. I'm out here at the moment and most of the summer contracts have arrived from the March audition.

You could definitely be a face character. There are loooooooads of other face characters too, not just princesses so I'm sure you'll find something.

Good luck x