disney trippin 2013 march 27th - april 2nd day 4 added

Started by SwipatronSparks, February 18, 2013, 12:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

I thought it was pretty interesting, SwipatronSparks! :)

SwipatronSparks

DAY 2

As our alarm for the day went off i found myself getting up quite easily considering my complete lack of sleep, we started getting ready, for our breakfast, looking forward to our first day in the parks......after breakfast we left the explorers, caught the bus, jumped onto the next bus that took us around to the sequoia lodge and after checking in and dropping our bags in the luggage room we left for our first day in the parks, actually getting there for around quarter to 9. meaning we got around an hour of extra magic hours!

we walked into the park,
this is my sister entering the park

snapped a picture of the 20th sign,

and headed on, it was here on my first glimpse of the castle that i burst into tears, yeah we aren't sure why, anyway after calming myself down we called into city hall and booked our tables for meals for the rest of our stay.

castle

After wandering around for a little while we found that space mountain had a very short queue of 10 minutes and so this was our first ride of the trip. When we came off we headed for the back of fantasyland and pirates (we had to wait for rope drop even got to see them open the ride for the day, it was quite funny and i do have a video currently in editing where this can be seen =] pirates seemed to be working very well, there is (thankfully in my opinion) no addition of Jack, the swinging pirate was swinging, every set where needed was well lit, however the two sword fighters wernt actually hitting each other.... but alas we paid this no mind and after we got off the ride we then went on our first ever (but not the only one this trip) proper exploration around adventure isle

(theres more but i don't want this to be too picture heavy for those of you with a slower connection)

we then headed for frontireland where our third ride of the day was phantom manor,

this ride was.... dark.... as in even the lighting inside wasnt working right on some tours around the manor, where the self knocking doors are we couldnt actually see anything at all there at one point, and never on the 5 or 6 trips around the manor over the course of our trip did we see the goblin on the back of our doom buggy at the mirrors...

after a browse around boot hill we wandered towards main street where we saw the celebration train going past, and after a wander through the disneyland hotel we headed into the studios, again much wandering around ensued and we found the rockin roller-coaster with only a 5 minute wait...

By now it was around 1am and we where both hungry and decided to leave the parks and have a wander to the earl of sandwich which we have never heard bad things about, we weren't disappointed, our sandwiches where lovely, and it gave me time to catch up on my report writing. While sitting here we decided to kill the next hour by having a wander around the lake, calling in for a look in the new york and newport bay club hotels.

When we eventually made our way to the hotel and collected our room key, we decided to relax for a while before we headed back out going to the studios where we made our first drop in with the tower of terror.
 While in the queue a cast member called Louis saw my pins and the thing i have in my lanyard saying I'm on the forum, he asked me what it was about and then said he thinks he had a user name for it, so Louis, if your reading hi!
After our drop in we headed to toy story play land where with a 15 minute wait we went on rc racer, then headed for the disneyland park where we intended to get in a few rides while the parade was on.... Instead we ended up finding a spot and watched the parade, when it was finished we left the park and headed for billy bobs for our evening meal.
When we where finished our meal we realised it was only just turning 7... We both then made the decision to head for the park.... It was time to finally see dreams...and we managed to get really good spots comfortably close to the front but not too close (we where on the curb of central plaza pretty much in the centre of the castle)

And that's it my camera was in the hotel, my ipad was back in my bag.... It was time for dreams... And it didn't disappoint! I was crying by the end of it, it was amazing! and we left the park talking about how we couldn't wait to see it again....
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

TigerLily

Great trip report - I'm really enjoying reading it! And lovely pics! I'm so excited to watch Dreams. I had a peak on YouTube and it looks breath taking.

SwipatronSparks

Day 3 (this day seems really short to me.... sorry about that...)

So the night of day 2 went extremely well sleep wise and i actually woke up before my 7am wake up this time, this morning we where having breakfast in the park, we ate in the pinocchio restaurant (i always forget what its called)....

fantasy land from the window next to us...

pain au chocolate.... yummy...

After some food we headed to peter pan which only had a 5 min wait, it was lovely as always, and nice to ride as it was closed when we where last at DLP, though i dont know if it was just me, but it seemed a little.... bumpy....

we then went for a walk around taking some photos, of the beautiful fantasyland, even catching the small world clock parade

after looking in on the dragon we ended up in discoverland and headed for a ride on buzz,

we waited for rope drop at frontireland but with a 30 min wait for big thunder we left that off and headed down main street at the bottom we got on the main street car and ended back at the top just in time to catch the horse drawn street car back down, it was as we where coming back down that we saw just how busy the parks where going to be today, we left the parks to head back to the hotel (sisters camera had died and she left the spare batteries behind.) where we made a plan on where we where going to head when we wandered back :) on our way back to the parks we called in for a look around the Newport Bay Club, where we had a fun few minutes with goofy who was quite enjoying himself posing for photographs

When we eventually got back to the park we headed straight for big thunder, where we where right up to sitting down when the ride decided to break down, we where given a fast pass for later and sent on our way, these where taken just after we sat down before they decided the ride was broken....

we moved on having another good hunt around adventure isle finally finding that oh so elusive pirates throne (though to be fair this was the first time in 10 trips that we had had a proper good hunt around the place)

before heading for fanstasyland via adventureland where we took a tour through Aladdin's passage and taking a ride on its a small world (it had a 10 minute wait)

we also accoridng to my pictures had a ride around on the storybook boats...

after small world, we went in search of some food we ate out of Casey's while back in the queue for big thunder (this time it worked!) after which we went on phantom manor (5 mins) and found that on wandering through the parks that pirates only had a 10 minute wait and so went on that, our last thing for the day was the labyrinth, it was now 10 to 5 and with tired feet and aching knees we headed for our 6.30 show of buffalo bills (we where told to show up at 5.30) it was brilliant as always

end of day 3  :)

i have also kinda decided that i would really like to post all of my photos on here, but that would just take hours both for me to do since photobucket doesnt like auto copying the links anymore and it would take hours for the page to load as well as it would make this thread very photo heavy, so i have decided that i will post a second video (i am going to post one anyway with all the footage i took) with all my photos in, it will just be a bog standard slide show but will make things so much easier =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019

upcoming trips....

BlackPearl

Nice report so far! Thanks for sharing.  :D

Rafael

I really enjoy your report and I love your photos. :)

Fluffymilly

I'm loving your report especially as we are unable to visit Disney this year. We usually go every year even if only for a couple of days. I hope you will forgive me asking but I'm curious as to why you stayed in 3 hotels. Am I missing a trick?? We have only ever stayed 'on site' . What are the reasons for the extra 2 hotels? It sounds like a lot of hassle!!

SwipatronSparks

its just the way we do our trips and it can be a bit fiddly but is ultimately worth it because when it works you have had a good nights sleep the night before and arent all tired from travelling when you arrive in the parks, right from the first time we arranged our own transport we have always travelled the day before, we usually only stay in 2 hotels one a disney hotel such as the sequoia and one offsite such as the explorers because as you know your first day in the parks is your arrival day, so we travel the day before and not loose that first day by travelling, as for the 3rd hotel this time around it was cheaper to book that 3rd hotel and travel home on the Tuesday than it was to travel home on the Monday and it worked better timing wise for our connecting trains when we got back into London.

upcoming trips....

Fluffymilly

Aha a cunning plan! well done. I'm loving your trip report. We are fortunate to live very near Eurostar so we have a quick journey to Disney but it might still be a nice option to try. Thanks for your reply.

SwipatronSparks

Aah we live in the north east near durham so we evn when flying usuall end up at dlp quite late and we loose a full day just travelling hence our cunning plan :) day 4 will be along soon

upcoming trips....

cinderslg

lookforward to the rest and your pics of course  :D

SwipatronSparks

Day 4....

Our day began with breakfast in the parks again before our first ride on dumbo, then we had a ride on space mountain before hopping over to the studios where we had a wander around taking some photos at the big cheese thing outside restaurant des stars....

before we joined what seemed to be a horrifically long queue for crush we ended up waiting around half an hour so not too bad after all though no where near our 10 minutes from our last trip back in 2011.

after crush we had a ride on rc racer and picked up fast passes for the tower of terror.

We jumped back to disneyland where we had only our second ride in 10 trips on Autopia, hilarity ensued while on this as I decided I wanted a photo of my sister who was infront of me, there was much yelling about not watching the 'road' and about me taking both hands off the wheel :P

By this time it was time to go back for our drop in with the tower.

As we came off the tower we found that it was nearly time for stars and cars which we watched (no photos of this as we where right at the back) before heading back through studio 1 with no particular destination in mind i got some candy floss then as we exited the park (it was huge I swear it was bigger than my head) we decided on heading back to the hotel for a while before we would head back towards the parks stopping off for the decent of the stairs show (i recorded this so no photos again) then into the park for our 5pm reservation in walts.

we where seated with a lovely view on to main street

After a lovely meal while watching the parade go by we checked the queue times and with a 20 minute wait we headed for our second ride of the day on autopia. Then on to pirates, big thunder mountain and phantom manor after this we decided on a photo hunt, this was one of the first times we had seen the park properly at night and so we took full advantage before heading back for the night...

sorry for how short this day seems,
to be continued in day 5...

upcoming trips....

norhel

Nice pics :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

SwipatronSparks

thanks norhel =]

upcoming trips....

gemmasteele84

loving the report :)